Leasing Sr. Credit Officer - #19543404
Bank of America Corporation
Bank of America Global Leasing is the largest U.S. equipment financing company, serving over 65,000 clients worldwide. We have $69 billion in total assets, and have a significant global presence, with nearly 1,000 associates. Together with our affiliated companies*, we provide equipment financing solutions to small businesses, middle-market and large corporations, offering product expertise in government financing and wholesale vendor financing, as well as tailored programs specific to industry segments, including aviation, healthcare, energy services and renewable energy.
- Certain products are offered through Banc of America Public Capital Corp, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of America N.A.
Responsible for helping clients achieve their overall strategy through the innovative use of various funding alternatives; possess and share with the client and other members of the client team expert knowledge of business finance and the products and services associated therewith. Interact regularly with clients in an effort to proactively understand their goals, their current performance, and their needs. The Sr Credit Officer uses this client knowledge to assess the appropriateness of existing solutions and to propose optimal financing alternatives or additional financing solutions. Directly accountable for managing credit quality and the approval process through their interaction with senior Risk Management Officers and Product Delivery Managers. Also accountable for the documentation of transactions as a principal member of the transaction team. One of the client team members responsible for interacting with financing product specialists for Renewable Energy Finance. Provide guidance and support to Leasing Credit Officers I and II.
This position is posted as a Sr Credit Officer position, but is flexible to be filled as a Credit Officer position based on the skill set/experience of the candidate.
Undergraduate degree in engineering, finance or accounting; MBA preferred
Preferred Prior Work Experience:
8-10 years experience in commercial banking or finance industry with significant credit experience. Experience must include project-oriented energy financings including tax equity. Renewable energy experiences a plus.
- Extensive experience in the analysis and structuring of highly complex transactions, including project-oriented energy financings.
- Strong credit and risk analysis skills
- Must be able to analyze, interpret and negotiate third party documentation
- Renewable and thermal energy, underwriting experience a plus
- Customer service
- Problem solving
- Clear and articulate oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills
- Results oriented, is able to accomplish objectives in a specified timeframe
- 20% Travel
- Preferred locations – New York, Providence, Hunt Valley, Boston
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role