MRO Buyer Procurement Analyst - #19543408
The MRO focused Procurement Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the cost effective and timely delivery of materials required for the efficient operation of HFS's facilities. The MRO focused Procurement Analyst will support production requirements while identifying and executing the most cost effective sourcing strategies and material management plans, by MRO category, by plant and within HFS's network. This position will require a focused analysis of MRO categories by location, involving a thorough understanding of SAP and HFS's system wide requirements. This position will play a leadership role in the use of SAP for our plant by plant MRO activities. This position will co-lead the development and management HFS's consolidated MRO sourcing and management capabilities.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare, issue, and monitor Purchase Orders.
- Ensure sourcing decisions are consistent with established sourcing strategies.
- Leads cross-functional efforts to develop SAP system and capabilities within MRO related procurement, by facility.
- Identifies and generates SAP reports needed to monitor usage, sourcing, costs, spend history, supplier performance metrics and PPV.
- Leads all aspects of SAP related tracking and reporting - from initial sourcing to spend maps.
- Identifies and executes cost reductions.
- Develops supplier performance programs.
- Develops MRO related programs that result in reduced line downtime due to part availability and performance.
- Identifies the "right size" for all material inventories -- by plant and within the assigned region.
- Assists with the development and implementation of SAP related policies and procedures.
- Assists in the identification and implementation of goals and objectives focused on MRO sourcing programs.
- Identifies and drives best practices within supply chain, including supplier development and supply related metrics.
- Coordinates leveraged procurement programs within HFS's cross functional resources.
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining Food Safety and plant Quality programs.
- Provides SAP training for plant MRO procurement peers and cross functional team members on MRO related best practices.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
- Industry defined SAP best practices for MRO, MRO procurement and supply chain.
- SAP experience in developing and running SAP and BW reports.
- Understands SAP environment involving strict spending limits and controls.
- Knowledge and experience with MRO, SAP and plant operations, preferably within the food industry.
- Successfully multi-tasks and uses influence management skills
- Understanding of project management
- Well developed vendor management skills.
- Prioritizes work based on short and long term objectives.
- Successfully analyzes and presents data to multiple levels of the organization.
- Develops contracts that deliver industry wide best practices; meets comp, ideal terms, fixed margins, competitive pass through formulas.
- Creates and communicates written and verbal presentations, including annual budgets and strategic plans.
- Ability to lead the MRO related, SAP activities and reporting
Proficient in: MS Office Suite, SAP
- Primarily an office setting
- Infrequent production environment exposure, may include noise, dust, moving machinery, fork lifts, and fluctuations in temperature
- Sitting at a work station for extended periods of time
- Standing, walking, climbing stairs
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds on an infrequent basis
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in MRO management, procurement and related supply chain functions.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment required. Familiarity with food industry preferred.
- SAP, MRO and procurement experience in a professional purchasing role, knowledge of food industry a plus. Additional background in materials and inventory management preferred.
- SAP related supply chain experience.
- Proven results in sourcing initiatives, cost reductions, and improving supplier service and performance.
- Experienced in generating thorough industry analysis for domestic and international sourcing strategies.
- Experience as a project manager.
- Ability to lead cost analysis process -- identify and collect inputs, develop appropriate calculations to determine payback, understand cost savings and/or cost avoidance calculations, develops concise and comprehensive reports, presents proposed next steps with supporting rationale, executes plan.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced in cross-functional, influence management
- Experienced negotiator.