Network Support Specialist - #19543438
Date: Apr 5, 2021
City: Piscataway, NJ
Contract type: Full time
Job Title: Network Support Specialist
Location: Piscataway, NJ
Date of Posting: 02-22-2019
- Hands on experience in configuring security settings or access permissions for groups or individuals, wide area network (WAN) or local area network (LAN), Firewalls, Wi-Fi controllers, routers, switches, smart switches, and many more.
- Analyze and report computer network security breaches or attempted breaches, monitor network data to determine network usage, disk space availability, or server function as well as evaluating network performance data.
- Document network support activities such as steps performed for network installations or changes to existing installations, network issues and resolutions.
- Experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting wireless, security, switching, and other various network-related issues reported by customers.
- Experience in installing network devices and new hardware or software systems while ensuring integration with existing network systems works fine.
- Experience in installing network devices, configuring wireless networking equipment, setting up virtual machines, providing telephone support related for networking such as installation, connectivity issues, etc.
- Perform routine maintenance and monitor the network using tools such as SolarWinds, Wireshark, PRTG, and many more. Experience network testing network devices and software configurations to ensure proper operation.
- Preferred Cisco certified engineers.
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate with third parties such as partners regarding technical issues and Support inquiries, both orally and in writing.
- Collaborate with other support team members to fix network outages, misconfigurations, and complex networking issues on customers' devices.
- Design network topologies, architectures, and services that solve for new requirements.
- Work with engineering and management to diagnose and resolve critical, escalated issues.
- Develop and maintain skills in core products and technologies and highlight any need for training to the company as the network evolves.
- Candidate should have experience to read and analyze packet captures using Wireshark.
- The candidate will have achieved a level of higher education (Bachelor or master's degree in electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent).
- Fundamental understanding of and hands-on experience with network technologies including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLANs, and 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless.
- Solid working experience with routing and switching technologies: TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, MPLS (L2 & L3 VPN), RSVP, LDP, Multicast protocols (IGMP, PIM), Switching technologies (VLAN, STP, RSTP, VSTP).
- Outstanding English language written and verbal communication skills and comprehension.
- Outstanding support service skills and ability to clearly and concisely articulate matters to third parties.
- Experience in computer networking related problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Networking certifications a plus: CCNA, CCNP, CWNA, etc.
Posted - 773 days ago