Market Manager - #19543474
Waitr Holdings Inc.
Founded in 2013 and based in Lafayette, Louisiana, Waitr is a leader in on-demand food ordering and delivery. Waitr, along with Bite Squad, connect local restaurants to hungry diners in underserved U.S. markets. Together they are a convenient way to discover, order and receive great food from local restaurants, national chains and grocery stores. As of June 30, 2020, Waitr and Bite Squad operated in small and medium sized markets in the United States in over 600 cities.
We're redefining the dining experience by building a world-class mobile ordering and delivery platform. Waitr & Bitesquad marketplace is helping small businesses grow and acquire new customers while also bringing concierge level convenience to thousands of consumers. Our growth has been off the charts and has no signs of slowing down.
As a Market Manager, you have the opportunity to be on the forefront of the evolution and growth that the food delivery industry is experiencing. Market Managers on the front lines of our markets provide input on processes and strategies that allows us to dominate our industry. Each day will bring about new challenges and opportunities at Waitr/Bitesquad, from day-to-day operations of your market to upward mobility within the company. You will experience the flexibility of remote management and ultimately be the owner of your respective market, allowing you to focus on growth.
As the Market Manager you'll drive daily operations and revenue growth by collaborating with our restaurant partners & community. Additionally you will partner with our customer support, dispatch and leadership teams everyday! We are looking for a great leader with knowledge of managing and engaging a team, as well as, a data-driven and strategic thinker. You will set strategic objectives and run the day-to-day operations for your given market. Problem solving within a market is crucial as it grows continuously and is ever-changing.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Drive restaurant partner relationships via revenue growth & marketing initiatives.
- Partner with our catering department to service current customers and add additional customers
- Overseeing the installation and maintenance of restaurant tech for optimal efficiency
- Utilize operations data and feedback to understand market behavior, areas for improvement and market trends.
- Responsible for the hands-on supervision and performance management of direct reports.
- Liaison to the 1099 delivery workforce in your market, including facilitating the activation of 1099 drivers
- Collaborate with all departments at our headquarters (support, payroll, recruitment, human resources, dispatch on delivery or other issues etc)
- Required Experience/Qualities:
- Nimble: You move fast and accurately in a dynamic environment
- Customer-Focused: Proactively seeks and finds ways to provide the highest standards of service.
- Innovator: Generates and recognizes creative solutions in varying work situations.
- Team player: Collaboration and strong communication skills.
- Effective Communicator: Demonstrates open, honest and respectful written and verbal communication.
- Results-Oriented: Productively focuses time and resources on activities to produce quality results.
- Forward-Thinking: Problem solver, do whatever it takes attitude
- Strategic Thinker: Views events and possibilities from multiple perspectives. Understands the bigger picture and the interdependencies and effects of other systems.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Training in receiving and delivering feedback from/to reports, teams, and managers
- Experience in delivery driver cohort performance
- This role requires occasional air and car travel to field offices and/or headquarters. Expected travel in local markets should be 50% at maximum and more commonly limited to 25%. Travel to other offices outside of your market is limited but expected.
Waitr, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Waitr, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Waitr, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.