Supervisor of Technology and Operations - #19543497
KGW in Portland, Oregon is looking for a Supervisor of Technology and Operations. This position reports to the Head of Technology. This position will direct and oversee portions of the day-to-day operation of the technology and operations department. Responsibility will include management of team members, hands-on maintenance of infrastructures such as broadcast equipment, IT network, transmitter, and staff members' training.
- Plan and manage local, capital, and corporate projects.
- Maintain programming logs as required by station management and the Federal Communications Commission.
- Maintain, upgrade, and support of broadcast Information Technology throughout the station, including the studio and transmitter facilities.
- Manage the troubleshooting and repair of computer hardware, software, and peripherals, including network servers, storage, network operating systems, PCs and PC applications, LAN cabling, system security, and virus protection.
- Manage and approve all documentation, including system configuration and wiring infrastructure to facility standards.
- Scheduling of staff to cover shifts.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all other departments.
- Maintain knowledge and stay current on technological advances, including computer software and hardware, media and entertainment technologies, television broadcasting, studio production, and workstation products.
- Train on IT and Broadcast system operation and maintenance to service all aspects of the television environment and social media platforms.
- Available to work various hours and days, including weekends, overnights, and holidays, as needed.
- Must have five years of broadcasting and computer background.
- Background in Management and HR
- College degree preferred but not required.
To be considered a candidate for an opening at KGW you must complete the online application on the job page found on: [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply and attach your resume and cover letter. Paper resumes or any electronic information received that do not come through the online application process will not be considered part of the applicant pool.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.