IT Auditor - #19543498
In this role, you will conduct internal audits and participates in special projects relating to a wide range of bank technology, operations, regulatory compliance, risk management, and finance and accounting functions. You'll perform risk assessments, audits, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing to independently evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls that are designed to ensure the achievement of management's operating objectives, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and reliability of financial statements and other reporting.
- Perform procedures to research the business area/function being audited, document risk assessment and planning activities, execute defined audit work program steps, document work performed, and draft preliminary results/conclusions.
- Compile and maintain audit work papers in conformity with departmental quality standards and guidelines promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Execute assigned tasks in conformity with deadlines and budget expectations.
- Keep the Lead Auditor and Audit Manager informed of progress, impediments, and the results of fieldwork.
- Participate in discussions with audit clients/management regarding results of testing, in order to validate facts and circumstances, establishing the basis for audit testing conclusions and/or reportable findings.
- Identify and/or help to assess potential for control enhancements or opportunities for management to improve the efficiency or effectiveness of operations.
- Provide assistance in responding to information requests or requests for assistance from external auditors, regulatory examiners, and other bank departments.
- Perform assigned SOX testing procedures.
- Proactively seek information and learn about the business.
- Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Information Technology, or related business or technical field or equivalent operational/technical experience.
- 0-2 years of experience in internal or external audit, business operations or technology, or SOX; entry-level candidates should have a strong academic record in a relevant business or technical discipline.
- CISA, CISSP, CGEIT, CAMS, FRM, CPA, CIA, or comparable audit, risk management, or technical certification (or progress towards completion) preferred.
- General familiarity with banking and financial services regulatory requirements, such as FDIC, FRB, CFPB, FINRA, etc.
- General knowledge of accounting and finance, risk assessment, internal control, and auditing concepts/methods; basic to intermediate knowledge and skills in relevant technical discipline (e.g., information technology, quantitative/modeling, data analytics, other).
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- lifting up to 25 pounds.
- occasional Travel
No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status quo. It's no wonder we've made "Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.