CRE Commercial Underwriter - #19543501
Creates, reviews, and evaluates customer credit data for the Commercial Real Estate Division or designated business line.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes financial and commercial real estate data related to new and renewal loan requests primarily for affordable housing construction and permanent loans.
- Presents facts, offers opinions/recommendations to Commercial Relationship Managers (CRM) and Portfolio Managers concerning applicant's credit worthiness.
- Prepares summary and/or credit approval report documenting credit analysis and supporting information for credit decision recommendations.
- Collaborates with CRM to provide documentation for legal counsel to prepare loan documentation.
- Reviews and monitors commercial and/or real estate loan documents for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to approval conditions.
- Assists in preparation of ongoing construction monitoring reports, ticklers, and annual term loan reviews.
- May participate in customer and prospect calls with the CRM and Portfolio Manager, outside calling and other marketing efforts.
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities -- knowledge may be gained through coursework, affordable housing conferences, and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
- Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security, and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
- Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
- Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
- Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
- May perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or other related field or the equivalent in experience required.
- 1-2 years' commercial credit analysis or underwriting experience or the equivalent specifically in the field of Affordable Housing Finance
- Ability to analyze financial conditions, financial statements, and tax returns for profit and nonprofit businesses.
- Ability to understand business relationships and business entity structures.
- Previous business or banking experience.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups.
- Proficiency with personal computers and related software packages such as Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of credit policies, procedures, practices, and documentation.
- Must have or will be completing basic accounting classes acquired through an accredited university or college and completion of credit underwriting training.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Work involves sitting, occasional walking, and lifting to 10 pounds.
- Requires close visual acuity.
- Normal office environment.
- Occasional travel.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.