Portfolio Analyst - #19543507
ENGINEERING SERVICES NETWORK, Inc.
05C1 Shipyard Analysis Process.
This individual will be expected to provide regular communication and presentation of financial data to senior level executives in an accurate, concise, and understandable manner. In addition, this person will be periodically developing business case analysis, supporting proposal activity, and acting as the primary point of contact for all financial matters related to the assigned program area.
- Summarize information into existing report formats to include assessment of operational and financial performance, financial health, financial trends, and implications for the Navy.
- Conduct financial analyses and advise client on investments/investment strategies of Naval Shipbuilding (and repair) facilities.
- Assess portfolios of Naval Shipbuilding (and repair) facilities' financial situation, determine risk tolerance.
- Monitor portfolio performance and risk across a wide range of portfolios and instrument types. Monitor of investment guidelines at a fund and manager level.
- Lead business review sessions with key stakeholders to understand business performance by segments and assist with formulation of action plans
- Benchmark direct labor and overhead cost rates of escalation with other sources (IHS Global Insight, collective bargaining agreements, historic actuals, etc.)
- Develop adjusted forecasts of shipbuilder costs, as well as DCAA audit reports and other independent assessments, as available.
- Obtain shipbuilder and 05C direct labor hour estimates, phased over future periods, and ensure reasonableness, completeness, and consistency.
- Create independent forward forecasts of direct labor and overhead rates, as well as workload, for discrete shipbuilding and repair facilities based, using proprietary rate and work load forecasting tools.
- Develop written reports of findings, and brief program office and other decision makers.
- Financial Report Analysis and Financial reporting
- Financial/Portfolio Management
- Problem solving ability and analytical thinking
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge and ability to understand, articulate, and explain the financial pyramid
- Knowledge of securities, investing, and insurance
- Relational database knowledge, strong spreadsheet proficiency and analytical skillset
- Detail oriented with a strong ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build professional networks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including the ability to create graphs and tables using Excel and proprietary software
- Demonstrated ability to think on your feet and make good decisions.
- Ability to build professional networks.
Minimum 5 years' experience with cost or managerial accounting, business economics, or industrial engineering concepts. Ability to utilize specific software applications that attribute portfolio Performance to individual securities or asset allocations. Rview and evaluate company financial statements, company prepared documents, and industry related information for assign Commercial sectors and financial markets.
- Master's degree in business, accounting, finance, and a strong financial background through past experiences
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, time management skills, ability to manage many tasks simultaneously while meeting critical deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills underpinned by solid analytical and problem-solving ability.
Security Clearance Required: Secret