Entry Level Diesel Mechanic - #19543536
Wagner International LLC
Wagner Equipment Co., the Caterpillar dealer for Colorado, New Mexico and far west Texas, is seeking applications for a Mechanic Level 1 in Commerce City, CO.
A Mechanic Level I learns basic skills on the job and is expected to learn and practice 5S principles and safety measures, proper selection and use of tooling is an important function of this job. This position may perform incidental repairs with appropriate supervision in a manner that reflects the company's vision of working as "One Professional Team."
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Learns and understands how to use the work order system
- Documents the 4 C's (Complaint, Cause, Correction, Complication) on Wynne work orders
- Applies 5S (Sort, Set in Order, Sweep, Standardize and Sustain) principles following every job
- Works effectively with others in the shop and accepts helpful technical advice from others with more work experience
- Opens and closes cash drawer
- Engages in required safety practices at all times
- Reads and understands the manufacturers' Operation and Maintenance Manual per machine type and complies with its contents
- Inspects equipment and maintains equipment to ensure safe operation
- Performs manufacturer's scheduled maintenance up to 500 hours
- Ensures all operating controls and functions are in compliance with Manufacturers' specifications
- Inspects machines returned from rental for customer damage and notifies the Shop Coordinator regarding any specific damage that was found
- Attends training as requested
- Assumes yard duties as needed; loads/unloads equipment, and cleans returned rental equipment with pressure washer
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Data Entry
- Telephone Skills
- Safety Knowledge
- Reading/Writing Skills
- Reasoning Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Math Skills
- Product Knowledge
- Basic Mechanical Aptitude
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Basic knowledge of Wynne (work order system)
- Basic knowledge of Windows/Internet
- Noise: Moderate
- Indoors and Outdoors
- Specific Risks: Works with moving, mechanical parts; may work in high places and be exposed to equipment vibration and fumes
- Use of Hands
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, etc.
- Heavy work that includes lifting and/or moving objects up to 70 pounds or more
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some college or trade school preferred
- 1-3 years administrative/clerical experience
- 1-3 years customer service experience
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Valid Driver's License
- Must pass all required pre-employment screenings which may include but are not limited to background checks, drug/alcohol testing, fit for duty testing, and any other job-related tests/screenings
Pay Rate: Starting at $15.50/hour
Employee Benefits: Wagner Equipment Co. provides the following benefits to all full-time employees
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan
- Company Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401K Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Wagner Equipment Co. is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.