Direct Support Professional- Residential - #19543537
Keystone Human Services
Keystone Human Services is the parent organization of six nonprofit subsidiary companies. We work to create an environment where all people, regardless of ability, can grow, make choices and be valued and contributing members of the community. In this vision, we see the welfare of all people being vested in the welfare of each individual. Our services include the areas of intellectual disabilities, autism, mental health, Head Start, and an internationally accredited service dog program.
Keystone Human Services is currently seeking Direct Support Professionals to join our team of professionals in making a positive difference in the lives of our neighbors and the community.
- Create a healthy, engaging, typical home for people with intellectual disabilities
- Teach and assist with daily living skills like cooking and light housekeeping
- Provide and assist with direct care such as personal care and hygiene
- Promote and advocate for the health and wellness of the people supported
- Support individuals to become independent, make decisions, and live a meaningful dignified life with valued social roles (ex: friend, neighbor, student, employee)
- Provide transportation within the community and to medical appointments as necessary
- Knowing you make a difference everyday
- Full Time, Part Time, and Casual hours available
- $12.50 per hour
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and more
- Generous paid time off program
- Extensive training and learning opportunities
- Career development and advancement
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 18 years of age
- Basic computer skills with the ability to utilize internal software programs
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Successful completion of required trainings within specified timeframes, including First Aid and CPR certifications and others mandated by regulations
- Valid driver's license with daily access to a privately maintained and insured vehicle
- Successful completion of the pre-employment process, including motor vehicle record and criminal background checks
Keystone Human Services is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.