RN/Registered Nurse - Emergency Department, TH Plano, Full-time, 7am-7pm - #19543549
Texas Health Resources
"SIGN-ON BONUS - $10.000"
Texas Health is a great place to work. And yep, we have the awards to prove it. Healthcare is expanding. Texas Health is growing.
We're covering even more ground and have nursing openings in your community. We have a place for you. Your dream job awaits.
We're looking for Registered Nurses to join our tight-knit nursing team at Texas Health Plano today.
Where you'll work
- Enjoy self-scheduling to help with work/life balance plus excellent opportunities for educational and career growth including NCAP
- Our team is like a family with a strong participation in our UBC, great relationship with our physicians and advancement opportunities
- Great opportunity to advance your nursing knowledge as we are looking for RNs with a variety of nursing experience including Emergency and ICU
- We offer excellent benefits including a generous 401(k) program with match, paid time off and time to volunteer in your community, competitive health care choices and a number of wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy
Texas Health Plano is located at 6200 W Parker Rd, Plano, TX 75093
Salary Range: $26.50 - $50.82/hour, commensurate with working experience
Hours: 7 am – 7 pm; Full-time; 3 12- hour shifts; weekends and holidays required
Emergency Department highlights:
With 45 beds (35 ED beds and 10 Express Admit beds) and more than 41,000 patient-visits a year, the emergency room at Texas Health Plano is well-equipped and one of the largest in Collin County. Board-certified physicians and registered nurses provide personalized care for emergency room patients. Patients appreciate the extra conveniences and comforts in the hospital's emergency room:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Comprehensive Stroke Center and Primary Heart Attack Center
- All private rooms
- Flat panel televisions
- Free Wi-Fi
The essential job duties of this position are:
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
- assesses the patient
- plans the care of the patient
- intervenes as appropriate
- evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
- Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
- Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
- Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
What you'll need / What we require
- Associate degree in Nursing required
- BSN preferred. Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required
- Other - CLIAFE Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency Req
- One-year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program
- One year of ED experience preferred – will consider ICU experience
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
- BCLS upon hire
- ACLS upon hire
- PALS within 6 months of hire
- TNCC within 12 months of hire
- CPI within 60 days of hire
- RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
- A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level II Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named "Best Place to Have a Baby" in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence
Texas Health Highlights
A few of our recent accomplishments
- A 2020 FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For®" (6th year in a row)
- A 2020 "Top 100 Places to Work" by the Dallas Morning News (9th time)
- A 2019 Companies that Care list by People magazine and Great Place to Work®
- Employees' Choice "Best Places to Work" by Glassdoor (2019)
- A 2019 "America's Best Employers for Diversity" list by Forbes
This is the perfect time to join the Texas Health family. You belong here.
Ready to join our growing Telemetry nursing team? Complete an online application today!