Part-time Custodian I - #19543551
Idaho Falls School District 91
This is a part-time position scheduled for after school hours.
TITLE: Part-time Custodian I
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Read and write at a minimum of a 9th grade level.
- Physically capable of performing assigned tasks.
- Able to work with staff students and the public.
- Capable of lifting up to 55 pounds.
- Previous experience preferred, but not mandatory.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Head Custodian
To support the delivery of School District 91's written, taught, tested and reported curriculum and contribute to maximizing student achievement.
To maintain the physical school facilities in a condition of operating excellence, cleanliness, and safety, so that full educational use of them may be made at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs and polishes floors. Vacuums carpets.
- Washes windows, polishes metal fixtures, cleans woodwork and sinks. Dusts or washes furniture or book shelves.
- Helps move furniture and other heavy objects.
- Gathers and disposes of garbage, trash, and waste.
- Sweeps and cleans walks and steps.
- Packs and unloads books and other items.
- Maintains high standards of behavior and confidentiality.
- Has regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a part-time position scheduled for 11 hours per week during the school year. Monday through Friday is considered to be the normal workweek. Wages will be in accordance with the Classified Salary Schedule as a Grade 0 - $8.85 or $9.31 per hour depending on experience.
This is an "at will" position in that the employer or employee may terminate employment at any time, or for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. The "employment at will" policy cannot be changed verbally or in writing, unless the change is specifically authorized in writing and expressly approved by the Board of Trustees of District 91.
Performance of this position will be evaluated quarterly by the Head Custodian with the Building Administrator in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on the evaluation of classified personnel.
This position has been given an overall physical classification of medium duty.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. In addition, interview preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact Human Resources.