Longboard Club Ambassador (On-Call) - #19543565
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
The all-new, vibrant 'Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach blends indoor and outdoor luxury to elevate the experience of Oahu resorts. Every space has been envisioned by award-winning design firm, Rockwell Group. Fresh, welcoming and relaxing, it's an oasis of tranquility in the heart of Waikiki.
Experience our spacious, welcoming lobby and captivating 280,000 gallon Oceanarium unique to Honolulu resorts. Coming soon, the destination pool deck with private cabanas will offer a saltwater infinity pool, a shallow-water pool and club for kids, and a pool bar that seamlessly transitions from day to night. With a location steps from Waikiki Beach, it's where Hawaii vacations turn moments into memories.
Our resort is proudly named in honor of Queen Lili'uokalani, the last reigning monarch of the Hawaiian Kingdom. Beloved by her people, she was a music composer, an author and an ardent supporter of her culture. Her spirit is infused into the resort, which shares the same privileged location as her beachside home Ke'alohilani, meaning the royal brightness. Welcome to a fresh perspective on resorts in Waikiki. 'Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach.
The Longboard Club Ambassador (On-Call) is expected to provide timely, courteous service with guest satisfaction to all Longboard Club guests as the primary goal. The Ambassador is also responsible for setting up their stations including opening, running, and closing side work. He/she must have an indepth knowledge of the specialty wine and cheese program. This includes assisting guests with the wine cruvinet system as well as servicing the PM cheese cart. The Ambassador is responsible for the general maintenance and cleaniness including clearing tables and providing exceptional customer service to all Longboard Club guests. As needed the Ambassador may also assist Longboard Club guests with general folio inquiries and support.
- Fundamental Requirements:
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Maintain the cleanliness of all areas of Longboard Club including furniture, and service areas in an organized manner.
- Replenish all towels and take special care of Longboard Club Cabana reservation guests.
- Assist in opening and closing side work as assigned.
- Complete opening/closing checklist according to standards.
- Responsible for promotion of specials and up selling.
- Process credit card charges.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the POS program.
- Follow all cash handling policies, and prepare closing report for night audit.
- Clear and clean tables when guests leave, return glasses to be washed.
- Full knowledge of state liquor laws.
- Assist guests with service requests when needed.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred
- Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages, according to local state laws
- A min. of 2 years of high volume cocktail or full restaurant service experience
- Must obtain a Liquor Comission Card prior to first day of training
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Have a good foundation on fromage and current cheese offerings.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.