Security Officer (Unarmed) - #19543594
St. Moritz Security Service
Why St. Moritz?
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the security industry? Join St. Moritz Security Services, Inc., a well -established company with over 35 years in the industry.
No security program can be successfully implemented without quality people to execute the program.
The ST. MORITZ DIFFERENCE is our PEOPLE.
From the first level security officer to the CEO, St. Moritz is committed from the top down to provide the highest level of service possible.
Job Skills / Requirements
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The following are the duties that are necessary to satisfy the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
- Responsible for executing security services as outlined in the Post Order Manual and accompanying policy and procedural guidelines and as directed by SMSSI Management.
- May be responsible for conducting walking patrols of building/facility (or assigned areas within or outside the building/facility) and include vehicular patrols, golf cart patrols and/or bicycle patrols.
- Responsible for identifying and reporting security threats, unsafe conditions or hazards, and/or other emergency situations.
- Responsible for site-specific duties and tasks based on assignment, which may include customer service, loss prevention, retail security, lobby/visitor reception, service/freight elevator security, loading dock security, and/or a variety of other safety and security roles.
- Write detailed, accurate, and legible incident reports during shift, including notation of any unusual activities and how issues were resolved. Responsible for contacting appropriate individuals (Site Supervision, Field Management, etc.) as directed by site post orders or as needed during shift.
- Responsible for knowing all site-specific policies and procedures, and implementing emergency response activities as appropriate.
- Responsible for following all company procedures, maintaining acceptable attendance, and adhering to all grooming and customer service standards.
- Responsible for participating in all company and site required orientation and training programs.
- Respond to any incidents that occur during shift, in conformity with the Post Orders and the Company's Use of Force Policy, ensuring appropriate action is taken, all reports are properly completed, and appropriate parties are notified in a timely manner.
- Conduct security, customer service, or support function(s) as directed by supervisor or in support of client request(s).
To perform this job successfully, candidates must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current or prior military experience, or college education in the security field desirable.
- Minimum 1-3 years of professional-level work experience preferred. Prior experience in the security industry, law enforcement, military, and/or customer service highly desired. Experience in scheduling, operations, or other functions of the security industry a plus.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test where required by the Company or client. Some clients require additional background screening, testing, and procedures.
- May require a current state driver's license, clean driving record as determined by SMSSI, and the ability to safely operate motor vehicle, golf cart, and/or bicycle if assigned to a position requiring operation of such.
- Ability to provide reliable transportation (or access public transportation) to consistently get to and from work on time is required.
- Ability to write effective, concise, and legible reports.
- Demonstrated ability to be very customer service oriented, with the ability to professionally interact with all levels of individuals in a courteous manner, and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unsafe.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Professional, articulate, and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to successfully interact at all levels within the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player.
Required Certifications / Licenses
- Successful completion of a Criminal, Credit, and Motor Vehicle background check.
- Successful completion of other applicable Client, SMSSI, or jurisdictional requirements.
Education Requirements (Any)
GED or H.S. Equivalent
Additional Information / Benefits
We offer an attractive compensation package including competitive hourly wage, benefits, 401(k), training and opportunities for advancement.
St. Moritz Security Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability