Line Cook/The Pool - #19543595
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Safely prepare all food prep and food items in accordance with standard hotel recipes and specifications.
- Ensure good turnover of products by practicing proper rotation and maintaining
- Listen and respond to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice. Answer questions and offer assistance to provide excellent guest service.
- Monitor (in the absence of the Saucier or Sous Chef) staff performance, product quality and production flow. Foster improvements where needed.
- Participate in the activities of cooks and other team members involved in preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with hotel productivity standards, cost controls and special needs.
- Make constant contact with both internal and external customers to provide optimal guest service. This includes contact with various hotel departments in an effort to provide/obtain pertinent information needed to ensure proper guest service is provided.
- Analyze feedback from customers, make judgments and take action to implement suggestions for improvement. Maintain a productive working relationship with all customers.
- Must be able to work in a productive and cohesive team environment
- Must have the desire to be extremely organized and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Must have the ability to comprehend and follow supervisor's instructions.
- Ability to perform duties within multiple temperature ranges from hot to cold.
- Ability to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
- Ability to work with interruptions.
- Strong knowledge of food service industry, cuisines and beverages.
Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Minimum 1+ year culinary experience in a high volume restaurant kitchen required. Must have the ability to obtain/renew all government required licenses or certifications.
Possess excellent communication skills, both in written and oral form. Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to complete reports, correspondence and communicate with guests, Team Members and supervisors. Has the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, staff, customers, and general public.
Must possess sufficient mathematical skills needed to complete recipes, schedules, forecasts and budgets.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must maintain the ability to provide clear direction, instruction and guidance to team members and guests. Must be able to listen and respond to guest inquiries in a positive and professional manner. Ability to collect information and solve customer concerns promptly and efficiently.
Must have experience in planning and budgeting, as well as be able to read and understand financial statements. Experience controlling labor costs and cost of goods for multiple food and beverage units. Must have experience in high volume, 4-star restaurants with 3-5 years executive management experience. Experience running a multi restaurant operation with 2.5+ million a year in volume is required.
Lift materials weighing from 1 – 50 pounds, up to 4 feet in height, and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds at a height of 4 feet. Stand, walk, bend (at neck & waist), reach (above & below shoulder level), kneel, push/pull, twist (at neck and waist), and squat for duration of shift, walking 2-4 miles during an 8-hour shift. Simple/power grasping, repetitive use of the hands and fine hand manipulation is required to complete essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a smoke-filled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.