DevOps/Software Engineer - #19543597
AcuStaf Development Corporation is an industry leader in Labor Management Software. Founded in 1979, AcuStaf provides Time & Attendance, Scheduling, and Staffing Solutions to 24/7 industries. AcuStaf is looking for motivated team members to work collaboratively to implement solutions and innovation.
The DevOps/Software Engineer creates, tests, implements and maintains applications designed to meet business goals. Experience with AWS services (ECS, EKS, CloudFormation); CICD pipelines and containers (leveraging tools such as Jenkins and Docker); and working with message queue platforms (such as Kafka and RabbitMQ).
- Design and develop software products conforming to industry best practices and company standards, such as style guides and documentation
- Evaluate specifications, performance requirements and documentation to identify new capabilities or modifications to existing systems
- Analyze info to determine, recommend, and plan new capabilities or modify existing systems
- Participates in requirements gathering, design process and code reviews
- Determine and direct process improvements, standardization of best practices, and develop new processes
- Evaluate emerging technologies and provide recommendations for adoption or improvements
- Mentor and provide guidance on technical issues to less experienced team members
- Support existing software products, applications and interfaces as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 3-5+ years of Python experience
- Fluent in Python best practices (PEP8)
- Understanding of Python web frameworks such as Django and Flask.
- Understanding of RESTful APIs
- Solid Object Oriented Programming skills and strong understanding of SOLID principles
- Strong understanding of event sourcing and previous experience working with various databases
- Experience working with containerization strategies and tools such as Docker
- DevOps experience preferred including AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, and CICD pipelines with microservices
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.