Derivative Operations Analyst - #19543601
We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best - and then we don't stop until we've set the bar even higher. We're ready to help you achieve more.
The Derivative Operations team is responsible for managing the operational aspects of Athene's Derivative investment and hedging strategy. This role will have responsibilities associated with derivative middle-office trade support, settlements and affirmations, data management, investment accounting oversight, and derivative legal compliance.
This role will demand the ability to balance production and project responsibilities – Performing derivative trade lifecycle functions and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders while also supporting projects to drive the strategy of the department and the wider organization forward.
- Work closely with Derivative Portfolio Management, Derivative Trading, Legal, Treasury, and Investment Accounting to support end-to-end trade processing and data management for a variety of derivative products.
- Work closely with foreign and domestic investment banks to manage settlements associated with derivative trade events, margin requirements, cash management, and collateral.
- Perform data management functions to ensure appropriate flow of data into internal trade execution and booking platforms, and downstream to accounting, reporting, and other stakeholder platforms.
- Review and reconcile trade bookings and legal trade documentation to ensure trades flow correctly for confirmation or to downstream systems.
- Oversee third-party providers, analyzing complex issues, and coordinating with them to resolve any issues which arise.
- Manage legal-document trading agreements; understanding differences among ISDAs, CSAs, MCAs and associated agreements across different legal entities and trading partners.
- Develop and enhance a culture of prudent risk management within the team, and wider organization.
- Depending on experience, this role may have an additional focus on FX/Swap pre and post-trade activity, which includes managing FX affirmations and settlements via third-party applications such as CLS TradeMonitor and/or GTSS.
- Expect to work late on average once a week ('End of Day' trade reconciliation rotation - until around 6pm).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field) or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience required.
- 1+ year of investment operations experience, preferred
- Knowledge of and prior experience with Derivative post-trade workflows, preferred
- Experience using MarkitWire/MTM, triResolve, Acadia, PAM/PFI, and/or GTSS, preferred
- Expert knowledge of Excel required. VBA/SQL experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superb work ethic, highly detail-oriented, well-organized, assertive, self-motivated, and able to effectively prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
NOTE: Successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment background check.
Drive. Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. Learn more about working at Athene.
Athene is a Military Friendly Employer! Learn more about how we support our Veterans.
Athene celebrates diversity, is committed to inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.