Ship and Receive Clerk- Second Shift - #19543616
J. A. King
Assembles orders and prepares items such as tools and equipment for shipment which includes document preparation, computer processing and arranging for transportation to ensure accurate and timely delivery for customers and vendors. This position will be on Second Shift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs duties required to schedule and ship products timely; participates in regular inventory audits and cycle counts.
- Assures orders and shipping quantities match picking documents through careful audit of said documents.
- Assists & evaluates needs with shipping points, services, weights, and other information needed.
- Coordinates shipment information to other offices and/or agents.
- Verifies items received by checking identifying information of items, inspecting condition of items, and comparing count/measure of items to purchase order and packing list.
- Maintains inventory by labeling and placing items in stock; reports items to be reordered.
- Confirms physical shipment of goods and facilitates tracking of packages.
- Coordinates with carriers and freight forwarders to schedule pick-up of goods.
- Recommends process improvements as appropriate.
- Support the cycle count program.
- Certified forklift driver a plus
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
High School degree; certificate or associates degree a plus
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers
Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Computer literate