House Attendant - #19543617
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
The House Attendant is responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of all assigned areas and equipment. He/she is also responsible for delivering items to guestrooms (express checkout, newspapers – property specific, etc.).
- Buff marble floors daily according to hotel standards.
- Shampoo carpets in the public areas according to hotel standards.
- Shampoo furniture as needed.
- Handle all requests for luggage assistance in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to hotel standards.
- Clean guestrooms as needed.
- Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures.
- Maintain hotel equipment in proper working order.
- Maintain storage of hotel equipment in proper area.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Housekeeping Manager.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Must be able to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.