Medical Lab Technician (MLT) - #19543658
We Are Hiring
Medical Lab Technician (MLT)
Department: Lab St. John Tulsa
Schedule: Part time evenings, Monday and Tuesday from 12:30pm-11:00pm
Location: RML Tulsa, OK
Regional Medical Laboratory Inc. (RML), part of Ascension St. John, is a nationally-renowned commercial reference laboratory that provides testing services for physicians and hospitals within a four-state region and performs more than 9 million procedures each year. RML provides services for multiple hospitals in the Oklahoma region and several satellite locations in Tulsa, northeastern and central Oklahoma and southeastern Kansas.
What You Will Do
Performs routine diagnostic and analytic testing of laboratory specimens.
- Perform, validate, interpret, document and report test results under the supervision of a medical technologist/medical laboratory scientist.
- Conduct quality control and quality assurance testing.
- Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Maintain supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Assist with data collection and special projects.
- Understand and participate in all aspects of clinical laboratory testing: pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical.
- May collect and process specimens.
- Train and mentor non-technical staff and students.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Board of Bioanalysis (AAB) preferred.
- Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) preferred.
- Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Board of Bioanalysis (AAB) preferred.
- Associate's degree in medical technology, medical laboratory scientist, human sciences; or completed a military 50-60 week technician program and meets the minimum CLIA requirements; or education qualifications as stated per CLIA requirements.
Why Join Our Team
Beginning as a 50-bed hospital in 1926, Ascension St. John has expanded to include multiple hospital locations, incorporating the skills of more than 7,000 employees throughout northeastern Oklahoma. We offer generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension St. John is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work