PRN Hospice Chaplain - #19543669
Curo Health Services
New Century Hospice, part of the Kindred at Home family of hospice, home health, palliative, and community care providers, focuses on clinical excellence with compassion and dignity. Our company culture centers around humility, servant leadership, empathy, and innovation while we serve as a leader in the home care industry. Our people and our patient care allow us to make a difference when life matters most. We are passionate about what we do because our care matters.
We're looking for a Chaplain to join our team.
You will report directly to the Administrator or Executive Director. You will be responsible for the spiritual services provided to hospice patients and families.
- Participates in developing the interdisciplinary care plan.
- Visits patients/families identified as appropriate for spiritual care services and provides direct spiritual support, counsel, prayer, and ministry as appropriate.
- Assists members of the interdisciplinary team in understanding the significant spiritual concerns related to the patient/family response to dying.
- Serves as liaison and resource for community spiritual leaders in dealing with hospice patient/family.
The candidate must meet ONE of the following requirements:
- BS or BA in theology, religion, human services, counseling, psychology, or sociology from a college or university and/or as required by state-specific regulations.
- A Master's Degree in counseling, psychology, theology or divinity from a college or university and/or as required by state-specific regulations. (Preferred.)
- A minimum of one unit of Association of Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc. (ACPE)-accredited CPE.
- Note a degree received from an accredited college/university is preferred. If the degree is received from a non-accredited college or university, AVPO approval is required prior to hire.
- Two years of active work in spiritual care ministry/ program, one unit of pastoral education (per state requirements, if indicated), and demonstrated ability to work with patients, families, and community spiritual leaders of various denominations/beliefs is required.
- Three years of active work in hospice spiritual care support and one year of clinical pastoral education is preferred.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Health Insurance, 401k Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, PTO
- Opportunity to Participate In a Fleet Program
- Competitive Salaries
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Professional Growth and Development Opportunities
- This is a safety-sensitive position
- Employee must meet minimum requirements to be eligible for benefits
- Where applicable, employee must meet state specific requirements
- We are proud to be an EEO employer
- We maintain a drug-free workplace
New Century Hospice