GIS Specialist (Network Operations) - #19543695
This position is responsible for the management, development, and user support of the GIS and other engineering systems and tools that are used in support of the outside plant and access network planning. Additionally, this position is responsible for designing, developing, deploying and maintaining a data base system for dashboards and reports within the engineering organization. These systems directly support the corporate strategic direction in the planning and design of CBT's evolving access and outside plant network to provide the best customer experience along with capital efficiency, ease of service and network reliability. This position has a direct impact on the success of corporate's network initiatives by supporting complex business problems through use of systems and data from multiple resources.
- Perform advanced GIS functions including models, scripting and application development
- Utilize GIS and associated software to produce, display, and analyze geographic information; creates case maps for internal and external customers
- Develops ArcGIS Pro projects/layouts for the fulfillment of data requests as necessary
- Designs cartographic and other visual graphic output
- Assist with GIS mobile data collection processes such as ArcPad, Arc GIS for iOS or other related data collection technologies
- Prepare, update, and maintain graphic displays, databases, reports, statistical information and maps as requested
- Assists in the collection of various types of mapping data from both internal and external sources
- Interpret various information from applications to GIS files, such as survey drawings, site development plans, subdivision plans, plats
- Assist internal customers with map production and analysis of spatial database information
- Provide technical support to train and assist system users in new and existing GIS applications
- Organizes, creates, manipulates, enters and retrieves GIS data for reporting, analysis, and presentation purposes
- Serve as GIS liaison between IT, Data Analytics, Network Ops, and external clients including setup and management of data connections
- Set up and manage user access to GIS system including management of software licenses
- Build compelling, interactive and actionable reporting and dashboards on top of structured data models that help in deriving meaningful business insights
- Support the full lifecycle from requirements analysis through design and development as well as release and support phases
- Produce models incorporating multiple data sources into reports and make recommendations which enable decision making
- Provide ad-hoc reporting support and activities in a collaborative environment
- Four years of College resulting in a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Geography, GIS, Computer Science, Planning, Engineering, Surveying or related field
General Work Experience:
2 to 3 years
Previous Work Experience:
- 2 years experience working with engineering system and tools including working with large amounts of data from various data resources
- Experience in the use and administration of Esri ArcGis as well as advanced GIS functions including models and scripting
- Advanced knowledge of GIS-related software, products and services: Python, C#, Sql.
- Experience with visualizations within Power BI (or similar) using multiple sources such as SQL server, Excel, Esri ArcGis
- Skill in researching, compiling, and summarizing statistical data and information materials
- Utility industry background preferred with knowledge of utility infrastructure components
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communications with internal and external customers
- Ability to work remotely, organize work, establish priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with a minimum of direction
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Esri ArcGis experience is required
- Oracle and Sql database experience required
Co-op, intern or contractor resources as needed
Aloha! Welcome to Hawaiian Telcom's listing of current job openings. Hawaiian Telcom, the premier telecommunications company headquartered in Honolulu, offers Hawaii's consumers and businesses a spectrum of telecommunication solutions, taking full advantage of proven and emerging technologies. We are focused on building and maintaining a diverse team of employees who are committed to delivering an outstanding customer experience.
We call the communities we serve home and giving back to these communities is an important part of our culture.
Hawaiian Telcom offers an amazing Mālama Hours Program, Employee Resource Groups, and organized corporate community service events that further strengthen our community relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran, military status or any other characteristic protected by law.