WMG Operations Assoc II-Licensed - #19543712
Bank of the West
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We're investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people's lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we're a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for performing various operational activities supporting the Wealth Management business and/or products. Supervises new account opening and maintenance of existing accounts, including the review of transactions, recommendations and account activity for proper disclosures per the US Financial Industry Regulation Authority (FINRA). Performs reviews and analysis of client on-boarding, updating activities and provides support in brokerage operations. Works to achieve operational targets within job area with direct impact on departmental results. Works independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments, works as part of the operations team to meet service levels consistently by coordinating information among internal/external customers and resolving difficult and/or complex operational issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervises new account opening and maintenance of existing brokerage accounts, including the review of transactions, recommendations and account activity for proper disclosures per the US Financial Industry Regulation Authority (FINRA) and regulations of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB).
- Reviews client onboarding data from various sources for new account approval, account updates and account closures. Completes data entry of client information into various Bank systems including external MSRB Web System.
- Assists Financial Advisors with new account and account update questions; Responds to various moderately complex operational issues for internal and/or external customers. Receives and reviews incoming work, contacting appropriate resources as needed.
- Prepares, edits, distributes, and/or corrects standard documents; Maintains a moderate working knowledge of unit policies, procedures, standards and workflow; May act as an escalation point; May assist in identifying operational improvements; May review and analyze daily reports and make recommendations as necessary.
- May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professional and/or support employees.
- Responsibilities may include account operations, business analysis, client reporting, custody, fees and accruals, lending support and other activities.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- P2 - 3 yrs Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
Licenses & Certifications
- Series License-7 FINRA Upon Hire
- Series License-66 FINRA 66 ( or 63 & 65) Upon Hire
- Series License-24 FINRA Upon Hire
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of SEC, FINRA and MSRB rules and brokerage operations.
- Knowledge and ability to spot red flags in processing transactions, working knowledge of KYC & KYA programs and policies.
- Understanding of various new account document requirements.
- Communicates frequently with other departments and branch employees to resolve escalated issues.
- Demonstrated ability to use multiple systems and software applications to complete assigned work; Able to use MS Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Knowledge of Appian/TouchPoint / Host and other computer systems.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while meeting tight deadlines for completion of assigned work.
- Maintains and demonstrates, up to date current knowledge of the products, policies and processes related to WMG unit.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.