Customer Service Representative - #19543724
The Consumer Specialist-Retail is a hybrid, cross-trained, multi-skilled agent. This person is capable of handling first level escalated Retention, Sales and Customer Care calls interactions for for residential customers, face to face and over the phone.
This customer service role is responsible for protecting existing revenue by retaining customers that are calling asking to disconnect their service, or are at risk of leaving TDS, due to service failures, competitive offers, and billing issues. Additional responsibilities would also include promoting and demoing services as well as selling to new prospect customers.
The Consumer Specialist-Retail employee must continually demonstrate strong sales skills in the areas of as well as negotiation and, save techniques. , and Furthermore, interpersonal communication and& problem solving skills are critical to this role to, which will maintain long term customer relations with the existing customer base while reducing churn and increasing revenue. This role also requires someone who can demonstrate independence and self-sufficiency.
Regular ability to maintain exceptional attendance and promptness for work as these are essential functions of this position. Absenteeism and tardiness significantly impact the ability of the Company and position peers to meet customer needs.
You and your new teammates will start on April 28, 2021 and receive 3 weeks of paid training in in our local office. After your training, your scheduled shift will be 9:00am-6:00pm PST with a rotating Saturday shift of 9:00am-6:00pm PST. In this role, you will also receive a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus!
About TDS Telecom
TDS Telecom, headquartered in Madison, Wis., employs nearly 2,700 people and is a subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. [NYSE: TDS], a Fortune 1000® company. Founded in 1969, TDS Inc. employs 9,400 people and has approximately six million connections nationwide through its businesses U.S. Cellular, TDS Telecom, OneNeck IT Solutions LLC, and TDS Broadband Service. TDS Inc. has been named to several Forbes lists, including America's Best Employers for Diversity, Best Large Employers, and Best Employers for Women. Visit tdstelecom.com.
- Assist customers over the phone and face-to-face for Retention, Disconnect and Move order calls and walk-in requests, as well as identifying needs and selling services to both prospect and existing customers. Uses save techniques that involve negotiation & interpersonal communication skills in order to prevent customer churn. Works to ask lifestyle questions and promote services to fulfill customer needs. Is also responsible for reselling customers on the benefits of having TDS service, subsequently protecting existing revenue.
- Deliver sales and retention results through providing exceptional customer service. Exceed or meet monthly goals including increased revenue and retention metrics.
- Resolves complex/escalated customer problems in partnership with other teams to ensure long term solutions to avoid future issues.
- Resolves construction related issues in our Out of Territory markets by creating and completing Triage tickets.
- Keeps current with Promotions, Products and processes necessary to meet or exceed performance metrics.
- Handles retail office responsibilities such as restocking supplies, unlocking and locking office, maintaining office cleanliness, participating in community events, and working with other departments to coordinate use of space.
Required Job Qualifications
- 1+ year's in a customer service or sales role.
- 2+ years experience using a PC with various software packages.
- Must follow the TDS attendance guidelines to meet our customers' needs.
- Ability to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation, selling and closing skills in reselling the service to customers who are requesting to disconnect their service.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (i.e., verbal, written, listening).
- Possess a strong sense of customer focus.
- Must possess strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle a high volume of phone calls in a structured, contact center environment.
- Experience working with escalated customer issues and problem resolution both over the phone and face to face.
- Must show the ability to be flexible in roles, schedules and situations with customers.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write and operate a computer keyboard, standard office equipment and telephone. The employee regularly communicates with customers. The employee is frequently required to move about and reach for items. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
As a part of your total compensation, #TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. For an overview of what we have to offer for full-time employees including vacation, health benefits and retirement options please click here.
At TDS, we embrace Equal Employment Opportunity by valuing our differences and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by law. To learn about our diversity & inclusion philosophy and culture, click here!