Grocery Night Clerk - #19543732
Company Name: Jay C Stores
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage team members to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among team members.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
- Inform customers of department specials.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered.
- Recommend items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review sell by dates and take appropriate action.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering and shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or team member accidents.
- Report all safety risks, or issues, and illegal activity, including- robbery, theft or fraud.
- Standing and Walking- 100 percent of the time
- Lifting- average of 50 pounds
- Pushing, pulling, twisting, turning, stretching, bending
- Manual dexterity
- Tolerate cold temperature
- Climbing- stairs, step stool, ladder
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication and reading skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Must be 16 years old
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Retail experience
- Second language
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Jobs at Jay C Food Stores: Jay C Food Stores is always looking for friendly team members who enjoy serving customers. Jay C is a great place to work. Our company offers competitive pay, good benefits, a flexible schedule, career advancement opportunities, and much more. If you are interested in a job opportunity with Jay C, please complete an online application today!
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IN || Edinburgh || 15801 N Us Highway 31 || 46124 || Jay C Stores || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None