Mechanical Engineer - #19543766
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer in the Burlington, Vermont area who is excited about working on advanced facilities projects that enable the heart of our client's business. Join us and you will have the chance to work on projects at some of the world's most state of the art industrial and commercial facilities.
You'll be accountable for production of mechanical and HVAC construction design packages, as you gain familiarity with the client's expectations, scope, budget and schedule. You will provide on-site assistance during startup, coordinating work activities with other design and engineering professionals. Your multi-discipline, highly interactive team will successfully deliver on the design, development, application, evaluation, recommendation, and specification of engineered systems and products for building HVAC and plumbing systems.
Your role keeps our company connected and we'll support you with what you need to be successful. Bring your creativity, ambitious spirit, and extreme attention to detail, and we will help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what drives you.
At Jacobs, we're partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you'll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology
- At least ten (10) years of practical application of mechanical engineering, including HVAC, plumbing, and related mechanical building systems in an industrial setting
- Knowledge of applicable mechanical and HVAC building codes
- Proficient working knowledge of AutoCAD software
- Complete construction design packages for mechanical and HVAC trades
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with other engineering disciplines
- Understanding of design reviews, pre-bid meetings, and contractor bid evaluations
- Develop design effort estimates for your work
- Perform field activities, such as surveying existing facilities and witnessing construction activities
- Ability to review construction submittals for accuracy and adherence to codes and design documentation
Preferred Education and Experience
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
- Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Passion for buildings and construction
- Knowledge of sprinkler codes, standards, and design practices.