Sales Acceleration Technical Trainer - #19543768
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
This role contributes to the delivery of high-quality technical enablement classes, collateral, as well as learning tools; that will allow you to be at the forefront of hypervisors, operating systems, cloud technologies, virtualization technologies, data protection, applications, and availability methodology for the modern enterprise. With this role, you will deliver world-class pre-sales technical enablement to our Field pre-sales engineering teams, Inside-sales teams, and Field-sales teams. You will have the opportunity to obtain industry-related certifications, such as a VMware Certified Professional (VCP), Veeam Certified Professional (VMCE), Veeam Certified Architect (VMCE-ADO), Veeam Certified Technical Trainer (VMCT), AWS Cloud Architect, soft-skills training, coaching, professional development, and much more.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Veeam content development teams, system engineers, systems engineer leadership, sales teams, inside sales teams, inside sales managers, marketing teams, as well as others, to help with the design and delivery of technical enablement programs for all internal technical roles.
- Proactively stay up to date with all the latest technologies concerning Veeam’s products and all underlying technologies, as well as your internal VMCE certifications.
- Deliver enablement based on the direction coming from the global and geo director of training and events. Also, partner with the education teams to ensure content is properly designed for all classes
- Generate and review pre-sales engineer employee performance metrics with their respective leaders
- Attend Geo team meetings and global events Tech Expo, Veeam Sales Kickoff, and Veeam sponsored events as-needed
- Consistently share successes, best practices, and expertise across SE Manager community
- Monitor and redirect efforts and resources as appropriate to maximize sales results
- Engage peer organizations internally, as well as externally, to resolve customer issues
- Foster, the adoption of technologies, methods, and processes, to advance communication capabilities
- Responsibility to stay current with the latest trends and technologies
- Define measurement and metrics and report on business impact with SE leadership
- Help drive constant incremental improvement across the organization and within the teams in which you support
- Support enablement training development and content creation where needed to drive sales team execution; where appropriate these materials may be made available to the Partner community or external users
- Support the development of Systems Engineers Learning Journey (SELJ) program content and resources for the successful onboarding of new hires
- 4+ years in pre-sales positions, with practical enablement experience.
- 4+ years of direct customer-facing positions (sales, sales engineering, consulting)
- Flexibility to travel up to 30% - including some international travel (LATAM/Canada)
- Quantifiable personal impacts on the sales/revenue results and individual contributor growth
- Strong cross-functional project management skills
- Highly experienced (Subject Matter Expert) in at least one high growth technical discipline
- Strong presentation skills in both business and technical areas
- Demonstrated and verified strong customer and partner relationships
- Bachelor’s degree with a preference for engineering or computer science
- At least five years of curriculum development and training experience building technical training programs in a channel environment in the IT or software industry
- Strong technical proficiency and the ability to learn complex systems quickly
- ·Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment; must be a high-energy, motivated self-starter
- Working knowledge/expertise using salesforce.com, building dashboards, reports, etc.
Additional / Desired Qualifications
- Master’s in engineering, computer science or business administration a plus
- The ability to articulate the business values of our technologies at all levels and support the development of understanding over time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in or a strong understanding of the technology and software industry is preferred
- Three-five (3-5) years of channel sales, business development, marketing or related field experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize across many projects and initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization and a cross-functional team environment
- Strong customer/partner relationship skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- Strength as a self-starter and self-motivated with the ability to work with little supervision
- Strong ability to influence and partner with cross-functional and multi-national teams
- Knowledge or use of LMS tools a plus
- Certifications in any of the following would be a plus: VCP / VMCE / VMCA / AWS
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.