PT Customer Service Associate (Temporary) - Food Lion - #19543789
Position Title: PT Customer Service Associate (Temporary)
To provide fast, easy, flexible and friendly service to our customers through the achievement of Food Lion customer service standards and food safety Guidelines. To be friendly, courteous and cooperative with other store associates. Responsible for assisting department managers in maintaining standards and maximizing sales through excellent customer service. The below descriptions are general summaries and may not encompass all responsibilities; duties may change as instructed by management.
All positions require standing for the entirety of the shift Participants may be working both inside and outside of the store. Associates are expected to provide quality customer service to customers, engage and interact with customers to create a positive shopping experience while adhering to all food safety guidelines and procedures.
Associates may be assigned the any or all the following duties by department:
Front End Department: Deliver outstanding customer service during customer checkout at the cash register; scan and bag items, keep cash register area clean and tidy, gather carts and remove trash from carts, must be able to lift 10 lbs. Provide fast, easy, flexible and friendly service to our Food Lion To Go customers through the achievement of Food Lion customer service standards.
Produce Department: Maintain proper product levels in all areas within the department. Ensures proper sanitation of department, equipment and proper food handling/preparation. Will work in coolers for extended periods of time, must be able to lift 60 lbs.
Deli/Bakery/HMS Department: Maintain proper product levels in all areas within the department. Will work with bulk meat and cheese utilizing a slicer. Ensures proper sanitation of department, equipment and proper food handling/preparation. Will be working in coolers and freezers, must be able to lift 60 lbs.
Perishable Department: Maintain proper product levels in all areas within the department including meat, lunchmeat, frozen, dairy, ice cream. Will be working in coolers and freezers. Must be able to lift 60lbs.
Grocery Department: Maintain appropriate product levels in accordance with Food Lion current stocking and conditioning standards, maintain shelf allocations by stocking from tag to tag. Lift up to 70 lbs. Push or pull product with a pallet jack weighing up to 2,000 lbs.
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical skills
- Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform job functions
- Perform repetitive hand and arm motions
- Bend and lift products weighing up to 15 lbs. continuously, 25 lbs. frequently, and 50 lbs. on occasion
- Pull or push up to 75 lbs. on occasion
- Stand 100% of the time, frequently walking short distances
- Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning and packaging materials, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants/flowers and household cleaners
- Use hands to frequently/continuously handle currency (paper and coin) as well as operate a variety of equipment such as cash register, lottery machine (where applicable), scanner, computer, and calculator
- Frequent reaching and grasping at waist level: occasionally above shoulder or below waist level
- Meet established volume activity standards for the position
- Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time
- Have sufficient visual ability to check ID cards, checks, invoices and other written documents
- BOTTLES where applicable: Move empty bottles and containers from the front end to the back room