African American Segment Strategy Leader (Strategy Consultant 5) - #19543805
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer and Small Business Banking (CSBB) is at the center of our efforts to rebuild trust and transform the way we serve our customers and clients. The CSBB organization is focused on innovating and transforming our business with the customer at the center, better enabling customers to engage with us how, when, and wherever they choose through a broad suite of financial products and services. While we are pleased to be an industry leader in many consumer and small business areas, including retail deposits, debit card transaction and purchase volume, and small business lending, our primary goal is delivering for our customers. Our market positions are an outcome of great work by employees who are committed to serving our customers. We want to build a strong value proposition for key consumer and small business segments by identifying gaps and opportunities and building capabilities to transform how we engage customers and deliver advice.
CSBB Diverse Customer Segments partners across the organization to ensure CSBB channels, products, staffing, and marketing position Wells Fargo to serve diverse markets better than any other financial institution. This team leads efforts to reach out to diverse consumer segments, provide diverse customers access to all physical and virtual banking channels, and help create and offer relevant products and services to reflect the communities we serve.
The African American Segment Leader will be responsible for developing, leading and activating Wells Fargo's enterprise strategy to drive market share, revenue growth and brand reputation with the African American Consumer and Small Business market. This leader will engage with senior leaders across CSBB and Wells Fargo more broadly in a highly visible, demanding and rewarding role to help transform how we serve the needs of African American customers. The successful candidate will partner across the organization to identify strategic opportunities through data driven insights for growth-focused initiatives that deliver measurable results for the business and transformative outcomes and experiences for customers.
This leader must have strong understanding of business drivers and processes and be an effective influencer that has credibility with business leaders and be able to offer credible challenge as needed. Successful candidates will have demonstrated leadership capability, business acumen, and strong interpersonal effectiveness.
Primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop long term strategy and annual plan to guide the enterprise's resources and efforts to capture portfolio growth and serve African American financial needs
- Establish and gain shared buy-in for key metrics, KPIs and reporting against business and customer outcomes
- Implement business strategies to acquire and build relationships with African American prospects
- Diagnose attrition and retention gaps and deliver strategies to retain and deepen our relationships with existing African American customers
- Implement strategies to enhance access to all physical and virtual banking channels, ideate and support creation of relevant products, services and experiences
- Identify target audiences, design targets and inform key customer journeys
- Inform brand and marketing strategies to build trust and consideration among customers and stakeholders
- Evaluate and elevate our financial health approach from a culturally relevant lens
- Lead cross-functional working teams to deliver on broad, enterprise-wide segment programs and initiatives
- Provide guidance, thought leadership, and subject matter expertise
This leader will collaborate closely with Consumer and Small Business Banking Diverse customer segment leads for Mass/Underbanked/Student, Emerging Affluent/Affluent and Small Business leaders to identify and prioritize key opportunities and strategies to drive customer and business growth.
Preferred locations listed on job posting. Other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint may be considered.
Salary range is determined by the location of the job.
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule:
Area 002: $133,000 $190,000 $247,000
May be considered for a discretionary bonus, Restricted Share Rights, or other long-term incentive awards.
- 10+ years of strategic planning experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years of retail banking experience, financial services experience or a combination of both
- 10+ years developing and implementing business strategies to attract, retain, engage and serve African American consumers
- Extensive and direct experience across credit, lending, retail banking
- Deep expertise of the African American competitive landscape, consumer behaviors, emerging trends and innovations within financial services and more broadly
- Demonstrated business acumen, analytical capabilities, critical thinking and decision making skills
- Proven ability to synthesize data and insights to clearly define business strategies and outcomes and influence the organization to take action
- Experience using data analysis to identify trends and form a story through data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategic vision to execution and drive measurable impact and results
- Expert organizational effectiveness in navigating complexity and managing in a matrix organization
- Expertise in driving and leading large scale organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate powerfully and prolifically to senior and executive leaders with executive presence, impeccable verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly consultative and collaborative leader with demonstrated ability to influence without direct authority, partner and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong credible relationships with key stakeholder groups including executive management, regulatory examiners and internal auditors
- Strong risk management and compliance knowledge
- Demonstrated passion for diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
To be determined
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.