Food and Beverage Utility - Summer - #19543806
Sun Country Tours
The Food and Beverage Utility Position is a combination of cashier, busser, and prep cook responsibilities. Our Utility staff are responsible for maintaining exceptional customer service as per Mt. Bachelor standards, processing sales quickly, accurately and efficiently, maintaining the outlet's overall presentation, assist in food preparation and assist in guest flow. The main location for the Utility Position will be at our mid-mountain Pine Marten Lodge.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Ensure each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment by greeting and acknowledging every customer, answering commonly asked questions and moving the guest through the transaction process quickly.
- Be familiar with all products, up-sell items and give recommendations according to current promotions.
- Accurately ring in all items and adhere to department standards and accounting practices.
- Have a pleasant demeanor and work well as a team with other staff members.
- Perform opening and closing duties.
- Rotate and keep products stocked throughout the day.
- Maintains service stations in a clean and orderly manner throughout shift.
- Advise Inventory Specialists/Supervisory staff when certain products are running low and need to be reordered.
- Handle cash accurately and always keep Mt. Bachelor assets safe.
- Have working knowledge of computers and Point of Sale system.
- Must understand how to use and apply discounts, vouchers and other payment methods to complete transactions.
- Understand and enforce department's protocol for employee discounts ensuring pass is shown at time of purchase.
- May be asked to assist with basic food prep & delivery.
- Must have limited knowledge to safely operate slicer, knives, mixer, hot foods, ovens, grills etc.
- Willing to cross train on multiple stations and support any kitchen function as needed.
- Understand and follow proper labeling and food rotation methods. Stocking and rotating product
- Assist in organization and sanitation of walk-in coolers and freezers using FIFO method.
- Resets tables according to specifications of restaurant.
- Removes plates and silverware when all guests have finished.
- Assist with bussing tables as well as dishwashing duties.
- Sort individual rubbish items into respective recycling receptacle.
- Sort service ware and prep for dishwasher.
- Assist with keeping areas clean and sanitized.
- Must have Oregon Food Handler's card prior to employment.
- Accountable for accurate time keeping. Responsible for clocking in and out with employee pass.
- Complete any reasonable task assigned by supervisor.
- Observe mountain wide policies found in the Employee Handbook.
- Must be comfortable working in customer-oriented environment with guests of unknown origins within a potential COVID exposure scenario.
Specific Job Skills:
License/Certifications- Oregon Food Handler, OLCC
Technical- Competent with computers and willingness to learn Point of Sale system.
Physical Capabilities- Able to stand for long periods of time while using hands.
Additional- Must have a positive attitude. Flexible with hours and days of work. Able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Superb customer service and problem solving skills. Must work well under pressure.
Minimum education required- Some High School, Diploma or GED preferred.
Minimum time in related position- Food service operations experience of six months or more preferred