Designer 4 - #19543809
Huntington Ingalls Industries
The position of Designer 4 for E24 Waterfront Support demands an engaged, motivated leader to help guide and manage teams in order to meet the company & departmental goals. Work as Waterfront Support includes the following tasks, capabilities and responsibilities:
- Proficiency in system/machinery design and understand fundamental mechanical design processes.
- Performing work in production environments on Ship and in Shops.
- Physical ability to climb inclined and vertical ladders, work on staging/scaffolding to investigate issues.
- Take high-level direction from supervision and manage tasks from problem statement to incorporation.
- Trouble-shooting and problem solving installed components of a system.
- Mentoring & leading projects small team to fulfill department schedules/goals.
- Researching drawings and specifications to determine requirements for resolutions.
- Proficiency in CAD (AutoCAD, AutoDesk Inventor) programs for production of work (3d & 2d).
- Basic knowledge of SAP is preferred.
- Creation of 3D concept models, fabrication, machining and installation drawings/sketches.
- Practice geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
Associate's Degree and 6 years of experience. 2 years of related experience can be substituted for Associate's degree. 4 years of non-related experience can be substituted for Associate's degree. An Apprentice Certificate or graduation from Navy Nuclear Power School can be substituted for Associate's degree.
Candidate must be willing and able to work full time aboard ship. This is a leadership position that will require strong mechanical troubleshooting skills as well as the ability to mentor and direct the work of more junior designers.
Req ID: 3732
Department: E24 CVN 21 MACH SYS&COMP
Entity: NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
Travel Required: Yes, 10%-25% of the time
Relocation: Relocation assistance will be available
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Virtual/Telework Opportunity: Yes-May Consider Full-time Teleworking for this position
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: No - Clearance Not Required to Start
Huntington Ingalls Industries employs more than 42,000 people throughout the United States and around the world. We are America's largest military shipbuilder and one of the largest defense contractors for unmanned systems, nuclear and environmental services and fleet sustainment. Our employees build, engineer and innovate complex products and solutions for our customers on a daily basis - we do the Hard Stuff, Done Right. Each year we hire thousands of business, engineering, IT professionals and tradespersons to accomplish our mission. Why not become part of something bigger than yourself, find your purpose, and join HII today.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.