Retail Receiving Support Associate - #19543822
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy's (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy's top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the "Academy" for retail careers.
Our store management team has the privilege to lead, manage, and inspire a diverse and creative team in delivering store results. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you'll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, joining our store management team puts you on a fast-track to career success.
The Manager, Business Administration leads the essential activities and colleagues that drive At Your Service and Stores business processes that allow Macy's Stores to successfully run. The role focuses on establishing Customer Service standards for the At Your Service destination in stores, as well as the human resources functions such as interviewing and hiring, as well as staffing and scheduling to ensure the Store runs smoothly. Additionally, this position handles store operations and administrative functions such as budgets and cash office functions. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Lead At Your Service front of house staff, including customer service and support, product pick-up, returns, bill pay, etc.
- Lead functions of the hiring process including developing efficiencies in prescreening applicants, corresponding with applicants, interviewing, selecting the best talent and coaching peers in all aspects of hiring.
- Key stakeholder in the TA process, responsible for ensuring job postings are maintained, appropriately and filled in a timely manner.
- Lead the colleague onboarding process, to ensure a rapid learning curve, raising engagement of new higher and lower turnover rate.
- Direct strategies to lead new hire orientation and training sessions as needed.
- Manage non-payroll supply budgets logs and balance store checkbook; review seasonal payroll/non-payroll budgets.
- Strategize with other Store Leaders on Staffing and Scheduling workforce solutions to ensure the Store is being led efficiently. Manage all post-production schedule changes for the store.
- Coach, motivate and develop Store Colleagues to reach their fullest potential and use strategies to optimize productivity and efficiency.
- Monitor and address performance issues on a timely basis.
- Administer any discipline and coaching as needed.
- Utilize review process as a tool for Colleague talent development, promotion and advancement.
- Lead team responsible for balancing the vault and perform other cash functions on a daily basis; perform monthly cash office self-audit.
- Direct team who will replenish and balance registers; leads research and resolves cash shortage issues.
- Schedule, coordinate, and confirm work order completion by 3rd Party contractors/vendors
- Act as the key store contact with Central Business Partners; perform as liaison with systems team; submit and follow-up on work orders as needed.
- Direct and organize weekly store recognition rallies; maintain store bulletin board program to drive engagement.
- Administration of the Safety program and accident reporting process.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 3-5 years related experience
- Effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve priorities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching, crouching and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.