Claims Recovery Conflicts Information Specialist - #19543823
Crowell & Moring
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and investigations, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Claims Recovery Conflicts Information Specialist supports the firm’s Claims Recovery Practice and overall risk management need associated with the firm’s new business function by collecting necessary information to perform thorough and accurate review of proposed new Claims Recovery related representations. The position reviews new claims recovery matter requests for accuracy, completeness and appropriate documentation and effectuates the approval of those new matters. The position works closely with the firm’s Senior Conflicts Information Specialist in connection with the day-to-day responsibilities of the position.
• Reviews new matter requests generated by the Claims Recovery Practice to ascertain accuracy of submission and completeness of client engagement communications related to same.
• Maintains and updates knowledge management tools to facilitate efficient access to information needed to quality check new matter submissions.
• Conducts corporate research using internet and other research tools, based on notification of potential new representation, to confirm accuracy of party name and to identify corporate family affiliates.
• Enters and updates data in the firm’s conflicts database and conducts database searches as needed.
• Interacts with Claims Recovery Practice attorneys and support staff on a regular basis in conjunction with performance of these tasks.
• Assists department management with other special projects related to maintenance of database and the tracking of engagement letters and outside counsel guidelines.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
No experience necessary. Training will be provided on the job.
Directly related experience in internet research, database maintenance and report preparation highly preferred. Microsoft Excel, Intapp Open, Elite or comparable database experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to conduct internet research.
• Basic knowledge of business ownership and corporate family structures.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment, work independently, with attention to detail, to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to follow data entry conventions and enter data accurately.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with attorneys and staff.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
• Demonstrated ability to master new technology applications.
• Basic skill in operating standard office equipment, including desktop computers, facsimile machines, copiers, telephones.
• Basic knowledge of MS Office Suite, primarily Word and Excel.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.