HR Manager with Experience in Transportation Industry - #19543833
Admin Service, Inc.
Admin Service is the HR and Admin service provider for one of the largest exporter of recycled paper in the US. We are hiring a qualified HR Manager for our client STC Transportation. STC Transportation values safety & service, not the size of our fleet! We are a medium-sized national carrier with over 15 years as the dedicated in-house carrier for the nation’s largest exporter. We are expanding our operations and need a dependable HR professional who share our same values.
The Human Resources Manager is a valued member of the leadership team, reporting directly to the President. As a trusted business partner, the HR Manager will drive results and support business objectives. This position requires one to act as a change agent while driving organizational effectiveness through talent acquisition, leadership development, employee engagement, diversity and inclusion, employee and labor relations, and compliance.
The HR Manager provides guidance with training, coaching, and development as he/she works with the onsite leadership team to support each location. The HR Manager leads employee relations activities, which include corrective counseling and investigations among other related duties as assigned. In this role, one will use analytics, expertise and workforce trends to influence decisions that drive and improve organizational processes & programs. The candidate will possess the required skill set in understanding and interpreting DOT laws and regulations. As the HR Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing workplace safety, identifying and resolving issues, and providing input for proposed modifications to facility and production processes.
The ideal candidate must have a thorough understanding of the unique challenges inherent in the trucking industry. Driver retention is a high priority, which means providing outstanding support to each driver through accurate payroll, offering a top-notch benefits package, a willingness to travel when necessary, and continuous attention to compliance with DOT regulations.
· Responsible for providing day-to-day support regarding human resources and organizational issues
· Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues in a timely manner; conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations; consults with Management to seek guidance when appropriate
· Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions); works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
· Responsible for the coordination and conduction of orientation programs for newly hired employees, process all Personnel Action Forms (PAF) in HRIS, and other necessary correspondence such as LOA, COBRA, unemployment, severance, reference, and benefit letters.
· Ensure that all personnel records are maintained in accordance with company policy and state/federal laws; upload electronic files to HRIS as applicable
- Work with safety manager to implement and manages safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal OSHA rules and regulations
- Work with safety manager to manage the administration of project safety, accident, and hazard communication programs to maintain safe work environments
- Work with safety manager to evaluate all sites to assess risk and determine if changes are needed in processes, training, visual tools, and equipment
- Work with safety manager to document all unsafe conditions, safety hazards and health hazards, help to determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Works with safety manager to provides regular worksite safety training for all employees; provides training for hourly labor, foremen, supervisors and local managers in work site safety practices, fire prevention and correct handling techniques for toxins, equipment and other materials.
- Manages the company’s Workers’ Compensation program; works closely with the company’s Ensures that all required records and reports are complete, accurate and correctly submitted to comply with all internal processes and comply with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Ad hoc tasks assigned by management team
- BS/MS Degree in Business/HR/Organizational Development or equivalent.
- 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience in transportation industry or 3PL industry
- 5 years of safety management experience
- Knowledge of employment law and regulatory compliance issues (deeper knowledge required for certain states, such as CA, MA, etc.)
- Knowledge of DOT/OSHA Rules and Regulations
- Working knowledge of Labor Law compliance.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of supply chain and logistics industry
- Knowledge of industry-related state and Federal rules and regulations
- Must possess a high level of honesty, integrity, and ethics
- Innovative thinking with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership, communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to direct workforce planning, succession management, retention and employee engagement initiatives
- Ability to understand the business operations from a strategic and tactical perspective
- Must be a confident communicator, (including written, and verbal skills) and able to effectively champion ideas, influence, and present to leadership
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with competing priorities, diverse audiences and challenging environments
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Bilingual Hispanic and/or Chinese preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.