Bank Manager - Guymon, OK - #19543852
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Grow the Retail Bank Net Income and Image in Community
- Achieve budgeted retail banking targets for growth of deposits consumer loans and generation of non-interest income.
- Control bank expenses as appropriate.
- Demonstrate operational soundness to minimize risk exposure and to maintain quality production.
- Implement retail operating procedures and protocols.
- Proactively make referrals to bank partners that result in additional revenue to the bank.
- Participate in community groups or events to promote the bank's image.
- Lead and Manage the Performance of the Retail Bank Team
- Conduct sales management routines including daily skills coaching, weekly team meetings, monthly employee check-ins, and quarterly results coaching.
- Provide on-site leadership and motivation as well as direct the work of retail bank employees.
- Guide employee matters including hiring, compensation, work schedule, promotion, and discipline.
- Train and develop retail bank team for their current and future role.
- Provide periodic individual performance objectives, goals, coaching, feedback, and evaluation.
- Ensure Consistent Delivery of a Superior Customer Experience
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and ensure same by retail bank team.
- Create a welcoming, engaging, and professional environment for clients and your team to experience.
- Proactively resolve client issues and ensure follow-through by bank team.
- Proactively match bank products and services to client needs and ensure same by bank team.
- Make periodic visits to small business clients to assess needs, to confirm satisfaction, or to promote additional services.
- Demonstrate Compliance with Applicable Laws and Regulations
- Understand and follow applicable laws and regulations for your job responsibilities, including but not limited to Equity Bank Business Ethics and Conduct policy, Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Information Security, Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Follow deposit account opening procedures and internal suspicious activity referral requirements and processes, as appropriate for this position.
- Actively work with clients to understand each client's normal account activity, as appropriate for this position.
- Complete periodic compliance training.
- Ensure adherence to aforementioned topics by bank team.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Required Skills & Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous banking experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency in Windows-based systems
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Capable of working with a team to determine solutions
- Ability to travel to Wichita, KS during first week of employment for required week-long training.
The above statements are intended to generally describe the nature and level of work to be performed by most people assigned to this job. It is not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements.
This position requires standing, walking, bending, and squatting on a regular basis. May require the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or reach with hands and arms. Requires the ability to carry, lift, move or push up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis. Must be able to talk and listen to others. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position regularly works in an office setting. Most of the job duties require the employee to be working with computers and electronic media on a regular basis.
Equity Bank is an equal opportunity employer and will not make employment decisions based on an applicant's race or skin color, national origin or ethnicity, religious beliefs, age, sex, physical or mental ability.