Management Assistant - #19543858
Knowesis - Interesting Work with Interesting People
Knowesis provides professional, technical, and administrative support services to empower federal executives in the areas of strategy, analytics, operations, and medical, scientific, and social science research to more than 27 federal organizations. Our staff form lasting and trusted relationships between their fellow team members, clients, and across the organization.
Knowesis is currently seeking a Management Assistant (MA) in support of the Medical Education Directorate, Office of The Surgeon General (OTSG), and United States Army Medical Command (MEDCOM) National Capital Region Headquarters located in the Defense Health Headquarters, Falls Church, VA. The MA serves as an advisor to the Executive Officer on office management and administration. Develops procedures, policies, and internal controls to improve effectiveness and efficiency. Performs duties independently based upon knowledge of the directorate, established workflow, and the incumbent's ability to apply appropriate guidelines.
This position requires a SECRET clearance and requires U.S. Citizenship (applicants without proof of US citizenship will not be considered due to the position's security clearance requirement)
Specific Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides guidance, resolves problems, and coordinates requirements of the office to maintain functional efficiency. Evaluates office functions, revises and develops administrative policy and procedure.
- Reviews and establishes administrative support priorities.
- Determines and coordinates computer hardware and software requirements, space utilization, communications, and other services.
- Serves as Hand Receipt Holder for the Directorate, responsible for property accountability.
- Serve as liaison for personnel management and utilization.
- Monitors and coordinates personnel actions and issues.
- Provide guidance, interpret policies, determine applicability and implement appropriate procedural changes.
- Provide guidance and advice on all aspects of personnel issues, including awards, evaluations, performance standards, promotions, and appointments for military and civilian personnel.
- Authenticate time and attendance.
- Monitor overtime usage, establish ceilings and controls, and analyze overtime status reports as appropriate.
- Provide administrative support for the Health Professions Loan Repayment Program (HPLRP) utilizing the MedicalOccupational Data System (MODS).
- Evaluate, analyze, and process enrollment and loan documentation.
- Determines eligibility and educational loan use, and unpaid loan balance.
- Identify, resolve, and respond to complex casework Issues regarding Program compliance.
- Obtain, review, search and extract data from existing records.
- Create cumulative, statistical, tabular, technical, narrative, and graphic reports and documents.
- Serve as the Medical Education Division's primary point of contact for automation, coordinating with outside agencies and contractors on the implementation and use of new automation/ software systems.
- Prepare programs for ADP in the Medical Education Division.
- Maintain software development controls, programmer notebook documentation, and program status reports as required.
- Provide assistance to Medical Education staff regarding office automation.
- Perform requirements analysis and software design for ADP systems to include user interface specifications, network design, software architecture, and communications interface specifications.
Experience and Skills
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience and knowledge.
- Knowledge of the principles of management and organization, including administrative practices and procedures common to the organization, such as those pertaining to responsible areas, channels of communication, and delegation of authority.
- Knowledge of DoD Policies and Directives governing the administration of the Health Professional Loan Repayment Program (HPLRP).
- Knowledge of Army regulations, DOD Directives pertaining to logistics, personnel, records management, space utilization, and files management in advising and making recommendations.
- Knowledge of automated office systems and database management as they are used to monitor the Medical Occupational Database System (MODS), Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), and local area networks (LAN).
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral formats.
- Skills of a qualified typist are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, MS Project, MS Office, and Excel.
- Experience with the DoD, ideally within the Military Health System and/or US Army Medical Command (MEDCOM)
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Administration or another related field from an accredited college or university.
Location: Falls Church, VA.
This position requires on-site work for all or a portion of the work to be performed. The successful candidate will reside in the local area or relocate within 15 days of the start date. No relocation is authorized.
Security Clearance: SECRET
Knowesis, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.