Senior Category Manager Lead - Drug, Dollar, Deep Discount and Value - #19543876
Campbell Soup Co
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Senior Category Management Lead, DDV
Field Sales (Category Management)
NUMBER AND TITLES OF DIRECT REPORTS
As a member of the Campbell Snacks Category Management Team, you will be responsible for accelerating strategic and tactical thought leadership while driving category and Campbell Snacks retailer growth. This person will be responsible for executing against Drug, Dollar, Deep Discount and Value Category Management team objectives, partner on category/line reviews, new item performance tracking, and be the trusted advisor for retailers. The Senior Category Management Lead, DDV will partner with key retailer decision makers aligning on priorities, insight needs and whitespace identification to drive Campbell Snacks strategic retailer partnerships forward. This person will use point-of-sale, loyalty and shopper data to create clear actionable category recommendations. This role will focus across the entire Campbell Snacks portfolio (Pepperidge Farm and Snyder's Lance brands across all Drug, Dollar, Deep Discount and Value Retailers.
- Proactively develop collaborative relationships with our retail partners to be viewed as a trusted resource for category insights and objective growth opportunities
- Develops category strategy and assists customer with integrated category strategy development
- Provides strategic and tactical recommendations on the Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising and Pricing (DSMP) goals to improve overall category performance.
- Responsible for developing customer specific presentation of relevant consumer insights, competitive responses, and new item/category selling strategies.
- Actively lead and participate in preparation of line reviews and reoccurring customer category reviews, JBP plans, and Top to Top meetings.
- Lead comprehensive understanding of plan-o-gram insights and assortment to help identify and drive strategic sales opportunities and customer growth objectives.
- Develops strong working relationships with category leadership, buyers and cross functional departments.
The DDV Senior Category Lead will work with buyers, insights teams, and senior leaders with the goal of driving strategic category direction. This role will require professionalism, executive presence, ability to balance customer/Campbells daily. Works with cross-functional groups including the retailer, internal customer team(s), and World HQ resources.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 6+ years' experience in Category Management or data analytics role in the CPG industry
- IRI and Nielsen syndicated data experience
- 1010 data experience
- POG software (JDA) understanding
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
- Strategic Insights
- Technical Skills: IRI/Nielsen, 1010, Numerator, JDA, Excel proficiency
- Category, Loyalty, & Shopper Knowledge
- Strong Communication Skills
- Problem Solving & Analytical Ability
- Project Management
- Influencing Skills
- This position works remotely in the Nashville, Tennessee market
- Collaborative relationships and team focused are vital to the success of this role
- Approximately 20% travel is required to the customer & team meetings
- This role reports directly into the Dir
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.