Commissary Worker- Orange County Commissary (FL) - #19543894
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world's leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. We deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ+), DiversityInc, Equal Employment Publications and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more about working here at www.aramark.com/careers or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Position Summary: The Commissary Worker is responsible for receiving and processing incoming stock/product, preparing and completing orders for delivery to inmates, and performing inventory and quality control. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Performs transfers of products and/or merchandise from the warehouse to the inmates
- Responsible for receiving products and merchandise, checking for quality and damages to items, and the proper storage of the delivered products and merchandise
- Responsible for operating equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Perform physical inventory as needed
- Processes requests for supplies, prepares merchandise for delivery, and prepares packages for delivery according to established procedures
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous warehouse experience preferred
- Must be able to follow basic safety procedures and precautions due to physical risks
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic math and counting skills required
- Requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling up to 50 lbs
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends