Program Manager/CSBB Group Portfolio Delivery (GPD) Small Bus Banking - #19543905
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer and Small Business Banking (CSBB) is at the center of our efforts to rebuild trust and transform the way we serve our customers and clients. The CSBB organization is focused on innovating and transforming our business with the customer at the center, better enabling customers to engage with us how, when, and wherever they choose through a broad suite of financial products and services. While we are pleased to be an industry leader in many consumer and small business areas, including retail deposits, debit card transaction and purchase volume, and small business lending, our primary goal is delivering for our customers. Our market positions are an outcome of great work by employees who are committed to serving our customers. We want to build a strong value proposition for key consumer and small business segments by identifying gaps and opportunities and building capabilities to transform how we engage customers and deliver advice.
CSBB Strategy & Transformation leads several strategy and administrative functions, including analysis and reporting, project management, process engineering, resolution and recovery planning, and strategic planning, which includes driving enterprise Consumer and Small Business Strategy. The organization also leads Digital Branch & ATM and administration functions for Branch Banking.
Join the CSBB Group Portfolio Delivery (GPD) team as a senior-level program manager focused on successfully delivering complex solutions for our business partners and customers. We are seeking a talented and experienced Program Manager with a track record of success in complex and fast paced environments. They will be collaborating with innovative partners and creative teams in waterfall and/or agile approaches and who will put our customers at the center of everything we do.
This role will be focused on Customer Journeys specifically for Small Business Banking. As a Program Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Manages a portfolio of projects, referred to as a program, consisting of the most complex business projects that typically include impacts to multiple systems and processes with significant diversity in the multiple lines of business that are engaged.
- Successfully builds relationships to inform and influence sponsors and key stakeholders, senior, and executive leadership to promote success of program and/or project performance and prioritization, frequently through times of ambiguity and significant, long-term obstacle management.
- Fosters inclusion, and seeks counsel of peers, stakeholders, and/or program/project leads in times of strategically complex or critical ambiguity and adapts planning, communications, and engagements.
- Incorporates multi-business and enterprise support operations organizational/systems/strategies/institutional knowledge/navigation to anticipate change impacts.
- Ensures full understanding of each project impacts to the overall program's objectives and then translates that into comprehensive engagement and management strategies.
- Communicates frequently and effectively to the project team, sponsor, portfolio sponsor, portfolio leader, and stakeholders while maintaining cooperative, motivated, and successful teams.
- When applicable, performs all usual duties of a Project Manager in accordance with policy, methodology and artifact creation. This includes needs identification; resource requirements; project dependencies, planning and progression; financial management; status reporting; prolific and effective communications; ongoing risk assessment and adaptation at the program or project level; and appropriate escalation strategies and implementation.
- Incorporates regular and appropriate consultation with steering committees, executive leadership, sponsors, business and other stakeholders to validate program viability, project trajectory and project performance feedback.
- Ensures that risk controls are met and all required project management policy, methodology and governance routines are adhered to for all projects within the program.
- Assists managers with coaching and developing junior level team members. Regularly coaches other project managers.
- Ensure that all program and project financials are updated in a timely manner and are accurate.
Preferred locations are posted; however, other Wells Fargo hub locations may be considered.
Due to anticipated high volumes, this requisition may be closed to applicants early
Base salary range for this role is based on a Full Time 40 hour a week schedule.
IA-West Des Moines: Min: $108,500 Mid: $155,000 Max: $201,500
MN-Shoreview: Min: $108,500 Mid: $155,000 Max: $201,500
AZ-Chandler: Min: $108,500 Mid: $155,000 Max: $201,500
NC-Charlotte: Min: $108,500 Mid: $155,000 Max: $201,500
Salary offered dependent on location. May be open to a discretionary bonus.
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, project delivery, project methodologies, digital product/program management, strategic planning or implementation
- 3+ years program management experience
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change
- Ability to present results of analyses and recommendations to senior leaders
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of project management and implementation in a financial services environment
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Experience consulting, influencing and partnering with business executives, leadership, human resources partners and peers
- Agile Scrum (CSM), SAFE certifications or other advanced Agile certifications
- Experience with Agile methodology of project delivery
Other Desired Qualifications
- Proven program management experience in a Scaled Agile environment with an understanding of value stream delivery model and Scaled Agile principles and practices
- Proven ability to deliver in Agile/Waterfall environment with experience leading coordination across multiple waterfall based systems in Agile methodology
- Ability to effectively partner with senior leaders, scrum teams, delivery leaders and other program managers to achieve greater success in a continuous delivery model
- Experience leading effective collaboration across a team of project managers focusing on different functional areas for the same project
- Experience managing projects in a large, matrixed, enterprise environment
- Previous experience in providing status updates to executive sponsors
- Experience operating effectively in a geographically dispersed team
- Program Management Professional (PgMP) or Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP).
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.