Senior/Scientist, Data Science - #19543913
Translate Bio, Inc.
The Sr/Scientist, Data Science will be an integral part of our data science team. The Sr/Scientist, Data Science will report to the Manager, Data Science and will be responsible for providing data analysis and bringing bio/cheminformatic expertise to research programs. This will include statistical analysis and modeling for screening optimization; development and implementation of data processing pipelines; development and implementation of data curation strategies; use of omics data for target selection and biomarker identification; and additional analytical opportunities that will add robustness to internal research.
- Develop and execute methods for effective analytics to help drive program and platform development for mRNA therapies
- Serve as independent contributor with high technical proficiency
- Develop and implement data processing/curation pipelines that can be leveraged by data capturing systems
- Work with bench scientists to apply statistical approach for improving experimental design and interpretation of results
- Resourcefully utilize publicly available data to seek answers and gain insights
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Master's degree in bioinformatics, computational biology or similar with 3+ years industry experience or bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience.
- Experience in drug discovery with demonstrated understanding and vision of how bioinformatics and data science can best be applied in a small-to-medium sized biotech setting to accelerate progress. Familiarity with mRNA or oligonucleotide therapeutics and/or lipid nanoparticles preferred.
- Robust working knowledge and application of statistical data analysis and modeling, data wrangling and data visualization
- Experience with genetics, gene expression profiling, and sequence-based bioinformatics including homology and sequence alignment, RNA-seq DGE, and GWAS. Experience with cheminformatics, protein engineering or ribosome profiling highly preferred.
- Resourceful and agile, able to find and communicate solutions to challenging problems under tight timelines
Translate Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.