Billing Assistant - #19543914
Seyfarth Shaw LLP
At Seyfarth, we understand that great people are the key to our success, and we provide the opportunities to match. If you join us, you'll work with state-of-the-art technology in a friendly and professional environment, and we will continue to invest in your professional development. If you want the freedom to grow at a firm that is invested in your future, keep reading.
As a Billing Assistant you are a key member to the Firm's Billing team, working directly with the billing coordinators to assist them in effectively preparing and processing invoices. This position is responsible for working cross-functionally with various teams to ensure invoices are submitted accurately and in a timely manner.
On any given day you will:
- Assist Billing Coordinators with managing time entries and edits, adjustments, write-downs, rate management, transfer timekeepers time between client-matters, generate and distribute proformas, and bill posting for various practices throughout the firm.
- Prepare invoices in customized formats as required by clients and partners.
- Pre-bill review of invoices prior to submission to clients to ensure all entries are in compliance with client specific guidelines.
- Email/mail client invoices in accordance to client guidelines.
- Log and forward department incoming checks to national finance team.
- Gather and organize supporting documentation for expense charges.
- Generate and provide monthly client accruals to team.
- Track and monitor statuses of e-billed invoices.
- Log, generate, and distribute financial reports based on audit requests from clients in a timely manner.
- Perform additional general office duties as assigned by the Billing Supervisor, including answering calls for the department, opening mail and preparing mail logs, responding to email requests and supporting various office administrative requests.
- Strong technology skills, including MS Office Suite, and an ability to leverage technology in work processes. Experience with Elite Enterprise strongly preferred
- The ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel,
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills, exceptional follow through skills, multi-task and strong work ethics, team player with a desire to learn.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
Seyfarth provides competitive salary and benefits at all levels, and our culture embraces the entrepreneurial spirit of its professionals like no other firm. Our allied professionals are a collaborative team, helping to define the unique client experience offered by the firm. We understand that it takes more than attorneys to build a successful legal practice; everyone participates in our commitment to excellence.
We are also proud to be an influential leader in inclusion and diversity. The firm has been recognized for our efforts by the Human Rights Campaign and the Minority Corporate Counsel Association. We are Mansfield 2.0 certified, a reflection of our ongoing commitment to advancing candidates from underrepresented groups.
MORE ABOUT SEYFARTH:
With more than 900 lawyers across 17 offices, Seyfarth Shaw LLP provides advisory, litigation, and transactional legal services to clients worldwide. Learn more about The Seyfarth Experience at www.seyfarth.com/careers/.
Seyfarth Shaw is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Seyfarth Shaw maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster through the followinglink:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Seyfarth is an EO Employer –M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
This position is based in Atlanta, GA 30309