Business Immigration Analyst - #19543928
Seyfarth Shaw LLP
Business Immigration Analyst
At Seyfarth, we understand that great people are the key to our success, and we provide the opportunities to match. If you join us, you'll work with state-of-the-art technology in a friendly and professional environment, and we will continue to invest in your professional development. If you want the freedom to grow at a firm that is invested in your future, keep reading.
As Business Immigration Analyst, you will be part of our national Business Immigration and Global Mobility practice and will support client accounts by preparing and filing employment-based nonimmigrant and immigrant visas, including but not limited to H-1Bs, L-1s, TNs, PERMs, Preference Petitions, and Adjustment of Status Applications.
On any given day, you will be working with our Business Immigration Group's attorneys, account managers, and other team members. You will:
- Multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Navigate complex technology platforms efficiently
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally, as appropriate for the needs of the audience (clients, governmental agencies, internal and external resources)
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, and approaches to problems
- Demonstrate strong time management and organizational skills
- Track and enter billable and non-billable time, on a daily basis, into the firm's timekeeping system. The annual billable hours requirement for this role is 1700
- A Bachelor's degree in Political Science, International Studies, Writing, English, History, or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 1-2 years of Business Immigration related experience or demonstrated interest in Business Immigration strongly preferred
- A strong desire to work in a team-oriented environment to meet client objectives related to their foreign national employees
- Strong writing skills and a keen attention to detail
- Proficiency in client communication, teamwork, and our technology platform
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
Seyfarth provides competitive salary and benefits at all levels, and our culture embraces the entrepreneurial spirit of its professionals like no other firm. Our allied professionals are a collaborative team, helping to define the unique client experience offered by the firm. We understand that it takes more than attorneys to build a successful legal practice; everyone participates in our commitment to excellence.
We are also proud to be an influential leader in inclusion and diversity. The firm has been recognized for our efforts by the Human Rights Campaign and the Minority Corporate Counsel Association. We are Mansfield 2.0 certified, a reflection of our ongoing commitment to advancing candidates from underrepresented groups.
MORE ABOUT SEYFARTH:
With more than 900 lawyers across 17 offices, Seyfarth Shaw LLP provides advisory, litigation, and transactional legal services to clients worldwide. Learn more about The Seyfarth Experience at www.seyfarth.com/careers/.
Seyfarth Shaw is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Seyfarth Shaw maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster through the followinglink:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Seyfarth is an EO Employer –M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
This position is based in Atlanta, GA 30309.