Billing Supervisor - #19543929
Seyfarth Shaw LLP
At Seyfarth, we understand that great people are the key to our success, and we provide the opportunities to match. If you join us, you'll work with state-of-the-art technology in a friendly and professional environment, and we will continue to invest in your professional development. If you want the freedom to grow at a firm that is invested in your future, keep reading.
As a Billing Supervisor you will participate in daily billing and collections work, establish and communicate expected service levels in keeping with firm standards and goals, make decisions about billing attorney assignments, coordinate work flow and seek additional assistance, as needed. You will ensure timely production, posting, sending and reporting of bills, maintain current records of bills sent to clients and generally follow firm and industry "best practices".
On any given day, you will be supervising a team of billers and monitoring their workload, communicating with office leadership about the progress to goals, making decisions about assigned billing attorneys, processing bills, following-up on collections, and seeking additional support, as needed. You will:
- Be proactive in spotting trends in collections and billing issues and bring them as soon as possible to the attention of the Principal Administrator and Office Managing Partners and any other partners assigned by the Office Managing Partners to assist with billing and collections.
- Meet regularly with the Principal Administrator and Office Managing Partners to establish standards for the billing team, set strategy for the office and update one another on billing and collections' progress.
- Liaise with the Finance group to ensure the office is meeting all firm standards, raise questions and concerns, and collaborate on process improvements.
- Act as an Elite expert and answer questions and/or provide solutions to software challenges. Use the system to the firm's best advantage. Participate in software upgrades/conversions, ideally as a pilot user.
- Mentor and coach staff. Provide professional development opportunities to them, and seek them for yourself. Ensure that all billers understand Elite's functionality and use it appropriately. Ensure the core values of the firm are reflected in the billing staff.
- Write and conduct annual staff reviews. Manage any performance concerns in concert with Human Resources.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Experience with Elite's time and billing software; familiarity with the EHub and various ebilling vendor sites.
- Basic Microsoft Office suite and related technologies.
- Strong interpersonal and client relationship skills.
- Strong customer service and collaboration orientation.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
What We Provide:
Seyfarth provides competitive salary and benefits at all levels, and our culture embraces the entrepreneurial spirit of its professionals like no other firm. Our allied professionals are a collaborative team, helping to define the unique client experience offered by the firm. We understand that it takes more than attorneys to build a successful legal practice; everyone participates in our commitment to excellence.
We are also proud to be an influential leader in inclusion and diversity. The firm has been recognized for our efforts by the Human Rights Campaign and the Minority Corporate Counsel Association. We are Mansfield 2.0 certified, a reflection of our ongoing commitment to advancing candidates from underrepresented groups.
More About Seyfarth:
With more than 900 lawyers across 16 offices, Seyfarth Shaw LLP provides advisory, litigation, and transactional legal services to clients worldwide. Learn more about The Seyfarth Experience at www.seyfarth.com/careers/
Seyfarth Shaw is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Seyfarth Shaw maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster through the following link: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfxqttzadavcxcbszsqyautyfrbst
Seyfarth is an EO Employer –M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
This position will be based in New York, NY 10018