Grounds Keeper 2 (Temporary)- Boise Temple - #19543938
The Church of Jesus Christ Latter-Day Saints
Posting Dates: 04/05/2021 - 04/19/2021
Job Family: Maintenance & Grounds
Department: Special Projects Department
- Ensure the temple grounds reflect the beauty, cleanliness, and sacred nature of the temple experience.
- Maintain standards established by the First Presidency.
- Perform gardener/grounds keeping work, maintaining and caring for landscaped areas, sidewalks, driveways, building entrances, and other assigned areas.
- Works under limited supervision.
- Mow lawns using hand and power mowers. Maintains the original landscape plan by planting perennials, shrubs, and trees. Trims and edges around walls, flower beds, and walks using hand clippers and power edging tools. May operate heavy tractors and other large power equipment to maintain landscape.
- Prune and shape shrubs and trees to provide optimum growth efficiency of plants and enhance beauty of grounds.
- Spray lawns, shrubs, and trees for disease, weed, and insect control, and perform regular fertilization as needed, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible to see that all power equipment and machines are properly maintained.
- Water lawn and garden areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in grounds maintenance, horticulture, gardening, agriculture, landscape design, or related field.
- Ability to follow directions, work independently and with a team.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Must be an endowed member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with a current temple recommend.
Posting Notice/More Info.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.churchofjesuschrist.org