Area Leader Maintenance - #19543941
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Area Leader Maintenance
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Area Leader Maintainenance, are to:
- Optimize people performance and development through mentoring, coaching, training, recognition, creation of progression plans, appraisals/reviews, discipline, documentation, follow-up and providing developmental opportunities;
- Develop, forecast and manage the site maintenance and yards/grounds annual budget;
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives;
- Identify key cost leverages and assign resources to minimize costs;
- Set strategic direction and priorities for the maintenance area, monitors assignments and ensure deadlines are met;
- Develop asset care and capital replacement planning to ensure reliable operations;
- Coordinate in-house resources and routine contractors to ensure plant has enough maintenance capacity to meet production requirements;
- Lead and participate in community outreach efforts;
- Lead and advocate for one PSS (production system);
- Be a Muscatine representative in Global World Class Maintenance (WCM) Initiatives;
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree;
- At least 10 years of experience in maintenance or production manufacturing;
- At least five years of people leadership experience;
- Strong demonstrated abilities related to Collaborating, Driving Results and Customer Focus;
- Highly effective communication skills – strong written and verbal communication skills and listening ability;
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, SAP, etc.);
- Provide safety leadership and awareness to protect the health, safety and welfare of our employees, contractors, community and environment.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering degree;
- At least five years of people leadership experience with prior experience managing a large organization (+50 people).
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Location: United States : Iowa : Muscatine Division: Crop Science Reference Code: 371842 Contact Us Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Segment: Maintenance, Agricultural, Engineer, ERP, SAP, Manufacturing, Agriculture, Engineering, Technology