Branch Banking Control Senior Associate - #19543954
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer and Small Business Banking (CSBB) is at the center of our efforts to rebuild trust and transform the way we serve our customers and clients. The CSBB organization is focused on innovating and transforming our business with the customer at the center, better enabling customers to engage with us how, when, and wherever they choose through a broad suite of financial products and services. While we are pleased to be an industry leader in many consumer and small business areas, including retail deposits, debit card transaction and purchase volume, and small business lending, our primary goal is delivering for our customers. Our market positions are an outcome of great work by employees who are committed to serving our customers. We want to build a strong value proposition for key consumer and small business segments by identifying gaps and opportunities and building capabilities to transform how we engage customers and deliver advice.
Branch Banking serves more than 70 million consumer and small business customers through a distribution network consisting of retail branches, ATMs, and online and digital channels, offering financial products and services to consumers and small businesses through approximately 5,200 retail banking branches and more than 13,000 ATMs in 36 states and Washington, D.C. Branch Banking includes the Affluent Segment and Strategy team and Wells Fargo At WorkSM, the Business Development Office, Business Initiatives, Business Performance & Accountability, Distribution Strategies, Future Banking, and Regional Banking.
Branch Banking Control is part of the Consumer and Small Business Banking Control organization. Branch Banking Control serves as the front line of risk management and is accountable for assessing and effectively managing all associated risks for Branch banking. This team works to ensure internal controls, processes, and procedures are adequate and effective, and executive management understands the risks, exposures, and trends that impact the business. The group also collaborates on projects and initiatives by providing support and awareness of risks and mitigating control solutions.
This Business Risk and Control Senior Associate will consult and provide guidance to branch banking business groups on the development, implementation, and monitoring of business-specific programs to identify, assess, manage and mitigate current and emerging risk exposures. Specifically, they will consult and provide support in designing and implementing business processes and controls that mitigate risks and address regulatory requirements. This employee will assist with interpretation of policy, guidelines, and governance programs and serve as the front line liaison to the Independent Risk Management area for moderate to high risk and complexity enterprise risk programs. The employee will partner across lines of business to ensure consistent approaches to business initiatives and program implementation, risk assessments and risk mitigation ensuring the design and performance of controls are effective and sustainable.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to managing/supporting the business in:
- Sales Practices / Conduct Policies and related initiatives
- Perform recurring re-evaluations of sales practices risks and control effectiveness to ensure an accurate, timely and comprehensive view of sales practice risk
- Coordinate annual sales practice staffing adequacy assessments on behalf of branch banking
Annual Sales Practices Methodology Program updates
- Manage program attestations and documentation on behalf of Branch Banking (ex. UDAAP, Conduct/Sales Practices, Fair Lending)
- Oversee recurring risk assessments (ex. UDAAP, Conduct/Sales Practices, Fair Lending)
- Business Development Initiatives including Customer & Branch Experience, Customer Solutions, Manager/Banker/Teller Best Practices.
- Manage/lead communications development including presentations for leadership and regulators
- Project management for Branch Banking Control managing and tracking deliverables, preparing status updates, summary presentations, etc.
- Process Level Risk Management (PLRM)/Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) responsibilities as assigned
- Client- relationship / customer outreach processes and controls
Preferred Locations: Charlotte, NC; Des Moines, IA; Phoenix, AZ, Dallas, TX , Minneapolis, MN
Please Note: Control Sr. Associate must be in one of the listed site locations. Position is currently remote; however, Control Sr. Associate will be required to work on site when Wells Fargo returns to standard operating model.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
- 5+ years of experience in risk management or 5+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in risk management
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge of Issues Management
- Background/experience in conduct/sales practices/UDAAP-related subject matter
- Knowledge of branch systems used (SVT, SVP, Hogan, etc.) and related Branch Portal / Banker and Banker Connection procedures used to service bankers and customers.
- Prior branch banking experience or regional support experience
- Ability to tie all control breaks and issues to business processes
- Strong, proactive leadership and ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Ability to coalesce information from disparate sources into a clear and easy-to-understand communication.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements and applicable Corporate Policy requirements in order to identify areas of risk and issues for the LOB and/or provide credible challenge
- Ability to apply strong critical thinking and problem solving skills across business initiatives to effectively mitigate risks
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
SC-Fort Mill: 3476 Stateview Blvd - Fort Mill, SC
MN-Saint Louis Park: 435 Ford Rd - Saint Louis Park, MN
MN-Shoreview: 1801 Parkview Dr - Shoreview, MN
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
IA-Des Moines: 1 HOME CAMPUS - DES MOINES, IA
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
TX-Irving: 2975 Regent Blvd - Irving, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.