Territory Business Manager - Little Rock South - #19543965
Dexcom, Inc. empowers people to take control of diabetes through innovative continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Dexcom has emerged as a leader of diabetes care technology. By listening to the needs of users, caregivers, and providers, Dexcom simplifies and improves diabetes management around the world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Territory Business Manager represents Dexcom, calling on physicians, hospitals, clinics, pharmacies and other institutions that focus on diabetes care and providing technical expertise to customers regarding Dexcom's products.
- Influence physicians, diabetes education nurses and other health care professionals to prescribe Dexcom products to their patients.
- Train health care professionals in how to use Dexcom products and integrate them into their diabetes practice.
- Represent Dexcom at local, regional and national trade shows and diabetes exhibits to promote Dexcom products to the diabetes community.
- Provide education on Dexcom products to pharmacies within the assigned territory.
- Partner with managed care team and other departments to facilitate territory sales growth.
- Implement Dexcom strategy and monitor progress towards sales goal achievement through the use of Dexcom analytical tools.
- Responsible and accountable for meeting territory sales goals, as assigned.
- Complete all administrative requirements in a timely fashion as directed by management.
- Extensive local travel Required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work requires significant local and potential overnight travel to current and potential clients.
- Requires the possession of a valid state driver's license, automobile insurance, and satisfactory Driving Record as determined by company policy.
- Requires willingness to work a flexible schedule which may include weekends and/or evening work.
- Previous medical and/or pharma sales experience with a track record of high sales success preferred.
- Previous sales experience that is non-medical and/or pharma will be considered.
- Diabetes disease state knowledge is a plus
- Responsible for selling the company's products or services developing new accounts and/or expanding existing accounts.
- A fully qualified, career-oriented position. Has complete knowledge of company products and services.
- Assists in determining objectives of assignment. Plan schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Networks with senior internal and external colleagues in own area of expertise.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 – 8 years of related experience.
- Other Sales Experience will be considered.
Overnight Travel Required:
- Up to 25%
Responsible for selling the company's medical devices. Calls on physicians, hospitals, clinics and other organizations that require medical device products as well as scientific instruments that focus on patient care and/or diagnosis. Incumbent may be responsible for both existing and new accounts. Responsible for the sale of the company's products within an assigned territory or geographic region. Complies with applicable laws in providing physicians with literature. Provides expertise and customer service to accounts. Provides technical expertise to clients regarding company's products. May gather data on marketing trends and competitive products and pricing. Builds relationships with customers to influence the acceptance and use of company's products.
Language Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to perform the following Physical Activity: Standing, walking, sitting, using hands, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell. May be required to lift 0 lbs. to over 100 lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be exposed to the following environmental conditions: Wet or humid conditions, work near moving parts, work in high - precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme heat (non-weather), extreme cold (non-weather), risk of electric shock, work with explosives, risk of radiation, vibration. The noise level in this work environment can range from quiet to very loud.
Please note: The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.