2nd Shift Warehouse Freezer Associate - #19543977
AMCON Distributing Company
TITLE OF POSITION: Freezer/Cooler Worker
REPORTS TO: Freezer Manager or Shift Manager on duty
JOB PURPOSE: To ensure that our customers receive the correct product on a timely basis.
- Ensures the accurate receipt of merchandise from vendors as compared to purchase order number documents and bills of lading. Sorts freight. Detects and reports obviously damaged merchandise. Determines handling/processing requirements and directs shipments to appropriate locations.
- Stocks merchandise throughout the warehouse by department and area.
- Picks merchandise accurately to complete order requirements of our customers. Completes paperwork recording discrepancies of order quantities.
- Loads and unloads merchandise.
- Performs slot inventory through physical counts of each slot location on a cyclical rotation. Conducts initial research on slots with count variances.
- Sorts and stacks merchandise.
- Handles equipment safely, including the safe operation of non-power and power equipment.
- Works in cold temperatures (+35 degrees to –20 degrees).
- Operates tow motor if licensed and over 18 years of age.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Energetic and willing to work in extreme cold.
- Ability to lift 40-60 pounds and to stand, bend and lift regularly.
- Age 18 – Operation of power equipment.
- Age 16 – Operation of non-power equipment.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.