PTPA Sr Tax Associate - #19543981
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud. Our Internal Tax team provides internal services related to financial services, treasury and taxation. As part of our team, you'll help the team provide a full range of taxation services to PwC related to complex financial reporting, cost management, tax planning, investment management and transaction processing.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Business Administration/Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas: - Understanding individual tax compliance and planning for executives including but not limited to partnership K-1 income, state tax credits, composite returns, AMT, Schedules A, B, C, D, E, and year end planning; and, - Understanding of professional service environments and leveraging a network to service your clients.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas: - Preparing and reviewing individual tax returns and tax planning; - Working with team members virtually; - Identifying and addressing client tax issues including a broad range of financial planning issues that are applicable to the Partner and directing them to the appropriate internal resources for assistance; - Managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues; - Demonstrating experience as a project leader; - Creating a positive environment by managing deadlines and workload while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; - Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; - Keeping leadership informed of progress and issues; - Working within various tax preparation software; - Working knowledge of on-line tax organizers; - Assisting executives with understanding and using various proprietary software and websites; - Using Google tools, including Sheets, Docs, Slides, etc.; - Researching complex individual tax issues; and, - Adapting to on-going change and leveraging new technology.