Area Building Maintenance Mechanic - #19544001
University of Iowa
Under general supervision, the Area Mechanic has initial responsibility for operation of all buildings and equipment in assigned area and performing skilled tasks in the inspection, maintenance and repair of mechanical systems, facility maintenance, and operation.
Job Duties Include:
- Troubleshoot and do minor repairs on electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems in assigned buildings.
- Respond to trouble calls in buildings from pager or phone messages.
- Check and replace belts and filters on all mechanical equipment in assigned buildings.
- Grease and oil all mechanical equipment in assigned buildings.
- Fill in information on maintenance reports.
- Inspect assigned buildings and reports deficiencies for corrective action by others.
- Maintains inventory of consumable repair parts and supplies.
Position Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Position Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
Position has Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure risk.
About Facilities Management:
Facilities Management (FM) is a service unit of approximately 700 employees who work behind the scenes, 24 hours a day, serving the University of Iowa as stewards of our beautiful Iowa City campus. FM staff coordinate campus master planning, manage design & construction, maintain & clean the buildings & grounds, and provide utilities management.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Must possess a basic knowledge of plumbing, electricity, maintenance of steam and mechanical equipment;
- Must have four years of work experience in the listed crafts, including apprenticeship or technical training.
Valid driver's license and ability to meet and maintain UI Fleet Safety Standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Ability to ascend/descend on ladders.
- Ability to work with and around a diverse culture.
- Ability to move for extended periods of time.
- Good customer interaction skills.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must complete application for submission.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
- Classification Title: Area Mechanic
- Appointment Type: Merit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Pay Level: 10
- Starting Salary Minimum: $44,056.80
- Organization: Finance & Operations (General)
- Contact Name: Jeffery Goodwin
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org